Got a question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to a stove shop and ask, if I need parts how is your relationship with each company?

We have had Vermont Casting stoves since 1990.
They, VC, have been bought and sold a couple times since then. The shop owner told us they went through a period of employee ownership and did not have the financial resources necessary. They have since been bought out again and seem to be doing well. They have dropped some models and refocused and upgraded the main models.
We presently have two, both Defiant, one black, and one beautiful enamel.
I'm not home at the moment so can not look up how old they are. Five, maybe six years old. Could be more.
They sometime need parts. One part is a catalytic element. One part has been the rear catalytic cover, or back plate (which is ceramic). The back plate is now redesigned and thicker.
Our stoves are top load, which we love.
Jotul makes a top load but the opening is much smaller and more complicated, a lid within a lid.
Because we have two stoves, both the same, we keep a catalytic element on hand as well as a back plate. When needed, we order another to keep on hand. When I say order, the shop we deal with is in Illinois, and we are in Michigan. The shop stocks the parts so not hard to get.
Another factor in choosing a stove is the flue opening size.
Many stoves are 6". Our VC is 8".

Back