Grapplesaw hydraulic question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanetreedoctor

Reaction score
I’m new here. First post. I have a HIAB 300 with a jib that I would like to fit with a Mecanil SG-160. The problem I’m up against is that I only have 6 valves and 6 controls on the remote. I need 8 for each. I’m wondering if anybody else has tackled this. My idea was to simply add a ScanReco or similar setup to get the extra valves or just replace the HIAB remote control system and valves altogether. I see lots of wallboard cranes being converted into grapplesaw cranes. In that case, the plumbing is already in place to the boom tip to add the grapple saw as well as the functions being built into remote for its operation. I’d love suggestions and insights from anybody who has tackled similar or the same problem. It seems clunky to add a second remote system for just the grapple controls. Thoughts?

Did this 2 years ago on a hiab 300. It can be done without adding additional valves or having to change remote system. If your still working on this I would be happy to share what I have learned from it.

Back