Grass damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradya

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently removed four trees for a friend. Yard clean up went great and the lawn looked the same after as it did before. (did most of the cutting on a 30x40 tarp.)

Anyway, the following day he sent me a photo that showed yellow grass wherever my saw was set down. I used Stihl Platinum bar oil and left the saw on its side when not in use.

Any thoughts? BDB09DC5-C525-4A18-A2BA-27FCF0900053.jpeg0627DBA5-AF70-4565-AA0D-82ADC8E11A70.jpeg

Hello,

I recently removed four trees for a friend. Yard clean up went great and the lawn looked the same after as it did before. (did most of the cutting on a 30x40 tarp.)

Anyway, the following day he sent me a photo that showed yellow grass wherever my saw was set down. I used Stihl Platinum bar oil and left the saw on its side when not in use.

Any thoughts? View attachment 1012267View attachment 1012268
Reminds me of a slightly different thing several years back. I used to cut a fair few hedges and one old couple I had looked after , their neighbour had a garden company looking after the garden, the man in charge was not a nice person always shouting at his workers, he spoke to me and said he will end up doing people like me out ofa job because he was so good. A little later he filled up a brush cutter with fuel and walked down a very prized lawn which was a very large area, I could smell petrol and checked my hedge cutter, no leaks then realised he had left the fuel cap off his cutter so I shouted him and the idiot walked back up the lawn. A couple of days later the lawn did not look very neat and imacaculate and strangely he never worked for them again plus he had no liability insurance.

Reminds me of a slightly different thing several years back. I used to cut a fair few hedges and one old couple I had looked after , their neighbour had a garden company looking after the garden, the man in charge was not a nice person always shouting at his workers, he spoke to me and said he will end up doing people like me out ofa job because he was so good. A little later he filled up a brush cutter with fuel and walked down a very prized lawn which was a very large area, I could smell petrol and checked my hedge cutter, no leaks then realised he had left the fuel cap off his cutter so I shouted him and the idiot walked back up the lawn. A couple of days later the lawn did not look very neat and imacaculate and strangely he never worked for them again plus he had no liability insurance.
KARMA Darwinizing Arse Hoes

I had a call for an estimate years ago. He wanted a huge tree removed but didn't even want us walking on his grass much less using any kind of equipment. Back yard and no way to use a crane from the driveway. Also didn't want a crane on his driveway. I told him he'd have to hire a helicopter crew if he didn't want anyone on his precious lawn. The tree stayed there a couple years then finally blew over on his house. He had a little more than lawn damage after that. Some people put way too much value on those little green organisms growing in front of their house. It's just grass. It will grow back and be just fine.

I had a call for an estimate years ago. He wanted a huge tree removed but didn't even want us walking on his grass much less using any kind of equipment. Back yard and no way to use a crane from the driveway. Also didn't want a crane on his driveway. I told him he'd have to hire a helicopter crew if he didn't want anyone on his precious lawn. The tree stayed there a couple years then finally blew over on his house. He had a little more than lawn damage after that. Some people put way too much value on those little green organisms growing in front of their house. It's just grass. It will grow back and be just fine.
I tell people all the time "I'm unimpressed by great turf. I can have a new lawn rolled out tomorrow afternoon and it will be the best looking grass in the neighborhood. All it takes is a few thousand dollars of watering and chemicals to keep it that way going forward."

That doesn't mean we are going to tear up their yard while working...but more in a response to "I'm thinking of removing this tree because I can't grow grass under it." I tell them to mulch the spaces where grass won't grow, plant some perennials and/or shrubs in that area, then tell them how unimpressive grass really is.

Lol

In defense of nice lawn owners, I have a crappy lawn and envy a nice even lawns. It does take some effort to get it to look nice. But its not that hard to do though.

Latest posts

Back