Gravely Pro Chip 495 info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have recently purchased gravely pro chip 495 with the 80 hp Perkins diesel. I am starting to learn a bit about this chipper but have a couple of questions.
1. Does anyone have a service manual?
2. Does anyone have a good source for chipper knives for this machine? I have checked a number of places and the best price I can find so far is $350/knife before tax and shipping. I know these are oddball knives but was checking for any leads.
3. I was also wondering if anyone has ever used a different knife than the original design for this chipper. **I know this is getting into scary territory because of the great forces on everything, and I am not looking to do any trail blazing in this area. I am simply wondering if anyone has thoughtfully experimented in this realm with any success. These knives are thicker than many I have seen. I wonder if these are overbuilt like the rest of the chipper. I know things are designed certain ways for a reason, but I also know things have been improved upon in the last 20 years. I am also fully aware that sticking with oem parts is the safer bet and $800 for new knives is pretty cheap insurance all considered. Any thoughts are welcome.

Hello all, I have recently purchased gravely pro chip 495 with the 80 hp Perkins diesel. I am starting to learn a bit about this chipper but have a couple of questions.
2. Does anyone have a good source for chipper knives for this machine? I have checked a number of places and the best price I can find so far is $350/knife before tax and shipping. I know these are oddball knives but was checking for any leads.
3. I was also wondering if anyone has ever used a different knife than the original design for this chipper. **I know this is getting into scary territory because of the great forces on everything, and I am not looking to do any trail blazing in this area. I am simply wondering if anyone has thoughtfully experimented in this realm with any success. These knives are thicker than many I have seen. I wonder if these are overbuilt like the rest of the chipper. I know things are designed certain ways for a reason, but I also know things have been improved upon in the last 20 years. I am also fully aware that sticking with oem parts is the safer bet and $800 for new knives is pretty cheap insurance all considered. Any thoughts are welcome.
Did you post in the begging for manuals thread or whatever it is? A lot of guys have manuals they can share links too.

Haven't seen any Gravely manuals. Might start at Gravely
https://www.gravely.com/en-us/manuals

Latest posts

Back