• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold great auction going on right now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGM40ford

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Great auction going on right now in Canada at Shackelton Auctions
An Early Stihl is far is up to $2200.00, it must be very earlier absolutely no paint on it.
Tons of chainsaws, chainsaw signage and chainsaw stuff.

You know when I was traveling and peddling saw chain and trying to convince dealers to switch I probably was in 2 to 3 thousand dealers or more over the course of 21 years.
A distributor salesman took to a dealers place probably 16 year ago, can't remember where but he had an old Stihl saw I mean really old. He had bought it at a yard sale in Germany I believe. It was electric and all magnesium, he even had the original container for it which if I remember correctly was all wood with Stihl stenciled on it. I don't believe it had ever run and I believe he said it predated gas saws made by Stihl
It was so old he claimed that Stihl in Virginia Beach had offered him a ridiculous amount of money for it, can't remember the amount but I remember being shocked by the amount.
Of course I didn't have a smart phone so I didn't take a picture.

I'd love to have the Solo Twin, but getting it into the US and the 18% buyer's premium are impediments.
The Solo twin can be found. I got mine in a trade from Europe. One thing going in the USA's favor is the exchange rate with the Euro.

Hey don't forget the Canadian dollar is only worth about 79 cents US. So $200 Canadian is $158 US approximately.

Hey don't forget the Canadian dollar is only worth about 79 cents US. So $200 Canadian is $158 US approximately.
Yes but that is higher than it was . About 4-5 years ago you could buy new Stihl saws in Canada and have someone ship them here cheaper than you could buy them here. There was also a time when it was cheaper to buy Stihl saws in the USA and ship them to Australia. I do not know now

The McCulloch clock in the sale went for $625 plus 18% auction fee plus 13% sales tax so roughly $833 Canadian, wow.
My cousin was bidding on it but it got too rich for him.
Yes but that is higher than it was . About 4-5 years ago you could buy new Stihl saws in Canada and have someone ship them here cheaper than you could buy them here. There was also a time when it was cheaper to buy Stihl saws in the USA and ship them to Australia. I do not know now
Oregon had the same problem 5 years ago, dealers could drive to Canada and buy reels of chain cheaper there and bring them back and still save money. Made it really hard on Oregon distributors near the border.
Same thing happened then with bringing used vehicles across the border. I have bought 3 used vehicles in Canada and got them imported to the US, way easier than I thought it would be, took about 20 minutes at the border.

I thought the border was open now between the countries?
It is for most but my past poor behaviors prohibit Canada from letting me in. Apparently even with one DUI/OWI (I have more) Canada will not let a US citizen in. I know of a guy who has lived in Canada his entire life that had an impaired (DUI) years ago. He was down in the USA on vacation and when he tried to go home they gave him grief at the border. He got home but still it was a hassle

It is for most but my past poor behaviors prohibit Canada from letting me in. Apparently even with one DUI/OWI (I have more) Canada will not let a US citizen in. I know of a guy who has lived in Canada his entire life that had an impaired (DUI) years ago. He was down in the USA on vacation and when he tried to go home they gave him grief at the border. He got home but still it was a hassle
If really want to go you can apply for Criminal Rehabilitation with the Canadian government. That would allow you to enter Canada with a DUI. But as most things are it cost money.

If really want to go you can apply for Criminal Rehabilitation with the Canadian government. That would allow you to enter Canada with a DUI. But as most things are it cost money.
Yes indeed everything costs money. I have spent a good portion of today chasing down attorneys to deal with issues. I will look into what you have mentioned for future reference. Thank You

Yes indeed everything costs money. I have spent a good portion of today chasing down attorneys to deal with issues. I will look into what you have mentioned for future reference. Thank You
Of course there are a some firms with websites that will do it for your for a large profit but if I think you poke around the Government Of Canada website you can probably find the forms and get a local attorney to do it for a reasonable cost.

Latest posts

Back