Greenteeth Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutterz LLC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got an SC252 stump grinder. It has 700 series Greenteeth. A couple questions:

Recommendations for where to get Greenteeth sharpened? Saw a guy online named Costello from OH who sounded pretty good. Anybody have info on him?

Other question - I see they make another style tooth called WearSharp in addition to the standard green and deep dish red that they've always had. Any thoughts on these WearSharp teeth? I'm in the mountains - lots of rock. I've used the green in the past. Had a guy in AL that was real good with sharpening, but he died. Tried somebody since then - wasn't real pleased - can't even remember who it was.

Also, any recommended sources for purchasing Greenteeth?

Thanks in advance!

A servant of Jesus Christ,

Allen

I've got an SC252 stump grinder. It has 700 series Greenteeth. A couple questions:

Recommendations for where to get Greenteeth sharpened? Saw a guy online named Costello from OH who sounded pretty good. Anybody have info on him?

Other question - I see they make another style tooth called WearSharp in addition to the standard green and deep dish red that they've always had. Any thoughts on these WearSharp teeth? I'm in the mountains - lots of rock. I've used the green in the past. Had a guy in AL that was real good with sharpening, but he died. Tried somebody since then - wasn't real pleased - can't even remember who it was.

Also, any recommended sources for purchasing Greenteeth?

Thanks in advance!

A servant of Jesus Christ,

Allen
Allen

I use Bill. He does a good job, doesn’t take too much off, and is affordable. Turnaround is quick too. The cost is way more effective than me sharpening and I have all the stuff. Call him if you want. He probably spent an hour on the phone with me we talked about his methods how and how much I sharpened my teeth. I had concerns he may take way more off than I would or just some standard amount but he understood my needs-see I don’t let my teeth get very dull before flipping and then changing them. That keeps us with smaller machines grinding quicker, and with the six tooth setup a flip or a change is a sub 5 minute deal

I also run a 252 but I’m certain the kit they sell for us uses the 900 series. That is what I use, the six tooth setup.

I still buy my genuine greenteeth right off Amazon. Can’t find real ones cheaper anywhere else and they typically come faster than they say.

Also, if you haven’t found this thread give it a good few reads: https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/list-of-upgrades-to-vermeer-sc252.61193/

Hope this helps
Bruce

Back