Groups say EPA?s Clean Air Act rules should prohibit burning fo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They already burn up!

Every year we see on the news where one buhzillion acres of western forests just burn up in wildfires, because the idjits don't want to harvest all that deadwood, like from the pine beetle. Complete utter morons. the wood already burns up! Just keep telling them that whenever they dump on burning for heat or electricity or hot water.

We should be using that wood, either for building, for energy production, or for mass "biochar" production to give/sell at affordable cost to farmers to improve long term soil tilth, with a side benny of it sequesters carbon, to keep them happy.

I am an old timey conservationist, but quit all those orgs years ago because once you get in them, you find out their extreme hard left government nanny state political totalitarian big brother agenda is WAY more important to them than any true conservation.

Biochar, help shut them CO2 boneheads up, help create more rural jobs, help farmers all over tremendously improve soil tilth and quality

Biochar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every year we see on the news where one buhzillion acres of western forests just burn up in wildfires, because the idjits don't want to harvest all that deadwood, like from the pine beetle. Complete utter morons. the wood already burns up! Just keep telling them that whenever they dump on burning for heat or electricity or hot water.

We should be using that wood, either for building, for energy production, or for mass "biochar" production to give/sell at affordable cost to farmers to improve long term soil tilth, with a side benny of it sequesters carbon, to keep them happy.

I am an old timey conservationist, but quit all those orgs years ago because once you get in them, you find out their extreme hard left government nanny state political totalitarian big brother agenda is WAY more important to them than any true conservation.

Biochar, help shut them CO2 boneheads up, help create more rural jobs, help farmers all over tremendously improve soil tilth and quality

Thanks for the info. Had not heard of Biochar.

Zogger just nailed 'em using thier own hypocracy.

I recently turned down a job in Liberia in support of a European corporation.
Good pay, but ugly threat levels, and little support, but the client was interesting.

That company has gotten a U.N. renewable energy grant for developing nations.
Meaning the tax$$ we send the U.N. is going into that companys pockets(Millions) for employing a couple hundred hut dwellers in some ####hole as long as they are developing/selling a renewable energy resource from that country.

The renewable resource? LOL!!
Woodchips from the former Firestone rubber tree plantations, that will be used as fuel.

So here we are bieng told wood stoves are evil polluters, by the same bunch that is taxing us in support of doing the same.

It IS all about shifting wealth and economic strength from the U.S. to hut dwellers and developing nations.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I don't know, but I suspect the thing preventing burning slash in a power plant being main stream is economics. You get a heck of a lot more BTUs out of a train car full of coal than you do wood chips and it probably costs about the same to transport. You probably end up playing a losing game financially transporting loads of chips.

Ian

My understanding is that one or more power plants in Burlington VT and southern NH use cull/slash wood for fuel, employing local folks rather than sheikhs, among other good effects.

Fracking is something else that needs (and is starting to get) serious investigation. Another Cheney legacy. Three cheers for cheap gas! Right. So we can chuck it away as boiler fuel.

Whatever the fuel, we need to use it more efficiently. Steam turbines are definitely not THE answer. And ... we could easily waste far less.

It's silly to blame the EPA for enforcing the law; the other folks/groups that were first referenced here are quite separate. The people to blame are the ones that recklessly/stupidly spew all sorts of crap out their flues.

It's silly to blame the EPA for enforcing the law;

The EPA has gone far beyond enforcing the law. Laws are supposed to be passed by Congress and signed by the President. Please tell me what law they are enforcing with this latest power grab.

cap and trade

The cap & trade is apart of that...thank God that's dead!

This was invented by *enron*, that bastion of honesty, and the people pushing it the hardest today are the wall street pirates, and they completely flumoxed the left on this (man, I hate to hit politics in a non politics forum, but this fits with the discussion). they have been bamboozled. How they co-opted the left to support their junk science is a mystery. I have had some of those folks rank me, saying/accusing me that "I am in the pockets of big oil" when I express oppostion to junk co2 science and carbon cap and trade and credits, so I just counter, "then you must be in the pocket of goldman sachs and all them boys". Vast majority of those folks have no idea where this cap and trade for co2 idea came from, nor have they really thought it out to look at the future economic ramifications either.

A "carbon credit" has no previously known value in human commerce, else we would already have had an established market in them. It is completely artificially created by dictat. And it won't improve the environment any either, because 1), any trees or whatever growing over yonder that they would issue credits for to enter this "market" would be growing anyway, and 2) the trillions they want to suck out of the economy-via charging them a new tax to issue co2m to give to those wall street pirates to gamble with are trillions that won't be going to like more R&D for better photovoltaic panels (I have some, really cool tech) or other sorts of more sustainable energy. It'll just go to expensive Manhattan apartments and them being able to sprinkle gold dust on 1,000 buck lunches, which I have read is something really rich people like to do, really, slap gold dust on their fancy chow. Freaking disgusting.

And they co-opt the science by being very extravagant with the grant money to the scientists who will go along with the agenda, and denying it and ridiculing those who do not, or wish to have better long term studies, including a lot more emphasis on solar cycles, etc, which apparently has a lot more to do with climate things than not.

I think all in all, both the left and right, in the US anyway, have been marginalized and played off each other by the same string pullers.

I started participating in politics with the Goldwater campaign, and that is the one big truthiness I can attest to after all these years of analysis. The fix is in. We have one party, two wings, the globalist/big banks/wall street party, for most practical purposes (some differences of course, but not long range).

They create an artificial schism, to keep the little peeps pointing fingers at each other, instead of looking one more small step upstream in the economic food chain to see where the real agenda is, and it always falls back on the entities Eisenhower warned us about in his farewell speech (and I watched that live).

Eisenhower farewell speech

Dwight D. Eisenhower Farewell Address (January 17, 1961)

I still vote...inertia mostly. I have seen the back and forth dodge they pull too many times now to remain faked out that either capital letter "party" is going to "fix" things or bring about a legitimate and rational constitutional government. If they were, it woulda happened long before now, they have had plenty of chances already.

disclaimer: I am perfectly willing to be surprised..same as every two/four/six years. Ain't happened yet though.

Great post Zogger!!!!

Every so often they just swap Goldman Sachs bigwigs over to the Presidents cabinet and from the cabinet to Goldman Sachs.

Freakin Gov. is spending my SS dollars they stole to add into the general fund.

Do you think you vote a Pres in...not a chance...the electorial college does..your vote means nothing and aint worth the paper it's printed on.

Cap and trade has already shown abroad where it has been instituted does not work.It's a complex ruse for Wall Steet to cash in and the regular Joe pays the bill when it comes due.

Just like this crash our economy had. We all lost while the guys at G&S and other banks got million dollar bonuses and paychecks.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!

Can we please get back to WOOD and BURNING. Enough of this ideological B.S.

Be warned. If you don't, I'm gonna start the pig squeeeeeeel. Such as: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

True Logbutcher....ranting about how we get screwed by our Gov is like :deadhorse:

The EPA is a gov agency which we are dealing with:sword: right now.
We are spending big money to fight them off from over regulating this industry.
There are several other companies in this:sword: as well.

The best we can hope for is that we can survive whatever it is that is forced onto us ..the American Citizens... you know the ones that pay these agencies to save us from ourselves.:bang::bang::bang:

Can we please get back to WOOD and BURNING. Enough of this ideological B.S.

Be warned. If you don't, I'm gonna start the pig squeeeeeeel. Such as: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ideological? Do you think EPA is going to leave your precious wood burner alone, even as they are regulating every other CO2 emitter? If you are expecting reason and logic to prevail you have got the wrong bunch. My wife spends 90% of her time dealing with the EPA; the current administration has ambitions that would curl your hair.

carbon based life forms

Ideological? Do you think EPA is going to leave your precious wood burner alone, even as they are regulating every other CO2 emitter? If you are expecting reason and logic to prevail you have got the wrong bunch. My wife spends 90% of her time dealing with the EPA; the current administration has ambitions that would curl your hair.

--you got it. Once the admin decided that co2 was a dangerous pollutant and needed regulation, it opened the doors to a whole slew of problems, number one of which is, the planet earth is primarily a "carbon based life form" planet. They want a physical and economic war on what makes life possible! Carbon isn't a problem, it is a resource! CO2 makes trees and plants grow, carbon down into the soil makes them grow even better, that's why I like the idea of massive biochar plants, to help create more rural jobs, to use what wood is going to waste already by being burnt up in wildfires, and to provide a valuable resource to all the farmers out there. .

Their war on carbon saying it will save the planet is nuts. It's a freakin' money and power grab based mostly on junk science and those big bank pirates/traders wanting to have trillions extracted from everyone else so they can keep on high stakes gambling for a living.

I'm as green as you can get, I don't waste nuthin, I don't use extravagant amounts of fuel just for "playing" around, I only drive my truck the bare minimum I need, like once a week to town and back, I grow most of our food, invested in some solar power years ago because I want that industry to get better/cheaper, just like I paid premiums in the earlier days for personal computers, to get economies of scale going, had my solar power WAY before millionaire algore got shamed into getting some for his mansion, have always been a conservationist, but I see this war on carbon for what it is..a huge scam. More money for wall street, more power over the populations for an already hugely bloated government.

--you got it. Once the admin decided that co2 was a dangerous pollutant and needed regulation, it opened the doors to a whole slew of problems, number one of which is, the planet earth is primarily a "carbon based life form" planet. They want a physical and economic war on what makes life possible! Carbon isn't a problem, it is a resource! CO2 makes trees and plants grow, carbon down into the soil makes them grow even better, that's why I like the idea of massive biochar plants, to help create more rural jobs, to use what wood is going to waste already by being burnt up in wildfires, and to provide a valuable resource to all the farmers out there. .

Their war on carbon saying it will save the planet is nuts. It's a freakin' money and power grab based mostly on junk science and those big bank pirates/traders wanting to have trillions extracted from everyone else so they can keep on high stakes gambling for a living.

I'm as green as you can get, I don't waste nuthin, I don't use extravagant amounts of fuel just for "playing" around, I only drive my truck the bare minimum I need, like once a week to town and back, I grow most of our food, invested in some solar power years ago because I want that industry to get better/cheaper, just like I paid premiums in the earlier days for personal computers, to get economies of scale going, had my solar power WAY before millionaire algore got shamed into getting some for his mansion, have always been a conservationist, but I see this war on carbon for what it is..a huge scam. More money for wall street, more power over the populations for an already hugely bloated government.

Amen Brother Amen.

Since she lives in MA, she probably heats with natural gas pumped in, and hey, that's green because the emissions from burning it are so low! :laugh:

Reminds me of those commercials for electric cars that show the outlet and how "green" the car is, forgetting about the horrendously toxic process of making the batteries for those cars of course.

Since she lives in MA, she probably heats with natural gas pumped in, and hey, that's green because the emissions from burning it are so low! :laugh:

Reminds me of those commercials for electric cars that show the outlet and how "green" the car is, forgetting about the horrendously toxic process of making the batteries for those cars of course.

Electric cars are powered by Coal. Which according to the ecofascists, is more of a planet killer than Bio-Diesel cars,the EPA wont allow to be produced. LOL!!

The new Nissan Leaf, the planet destroyer. LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Totally agree. We aren't allowed to cut standing-dead out of the forests in So Cal, but it's OK in No Cal. After the Station Fire in 2009, there all millions of standing dead trees that could be sold by the USDA to us firewood producers and even to mills Thought the Gov't needed money?? We can only cut stuff that the forest service or the county guys have dropped, must be a union thing. And they won't be cutting many of those.. they plan to let them all rot away according to one of the honchos at the L.A. river ranger district, part of the USDA. Meanwhile , all those dead trees are a huge fire hazard . Plus where are all the enviros on the greenhouse gasses that will be released after that inevitable fire?? Is that thumb up their _____ getting in the way of their carbon footprint? There is no logic to the USDA policy here that squanders a valuable resource, will further damage the forest and the air quality, keep recreational areas closed, and killing more wildlife. It makes me wanna scream!

Latest posts

Back