Guess what I bought last week? Hint: Stihl 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 138447

Reaction score
Well, so much for the 20 questions game...

Hi everybody, my name is Rob. I've read over too many pages and somehow not enough and only recently joined AS. My firewood saw is a MS290 but not quite powerful enough for milling, a skill I've been wanting to try for years. Now that I'm grown up and can save for nicer toys, I figured this would be a good way to try it out. Worse case, I resell this monster and recoup some cost.

I don't have any pictuers right now because I'm lazy but I promise I'll put some up. Maybe you all can help me nagivate this machine. I saw a post for an owners manual and I'll track that down soon.

A quick tip: if you're traveling and find a really great chainsaw you want, just know that you cannot take the guide bar as a carry on. Per the TSA, "no tool over 7" is allowed through security." I wanted to make the appropriate male joke but figured it would have been poorly received and 0630 is too early to argue with TSA. I told them it was scrap metal to be used for art because it didn't have the appropriate pieces to be useful but since I already said guide bar, they weren't going for it...

-Rob

Latest posts

Back