Haix Protective Chainsaw Boots Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKTrailDog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Greetings, thought I'd throw my 2 cents down with a review of the Haix Protector Ultra Boots

I've been wearing these boots for the last 2 years. Love them! (I'm lucky if I get 2 yrs out of a pair of boots). I've owned Nick's, White's, Wescos and Danners over the last 20+ years and have had them rebuilt as well. These are my all around work boot and I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on them or the hundreds of miles I've hiked in them but I do know they are extremely comfortable.

My job and my home life requires me to hike and work in all weather conditions throughout the year while carrying saws and numerous other things. They support my feet and ankles well, provide great protection against scrapes and abrasions while bushwhacking and of course while operating a chainsaw. I like the high ankle support (flexible but not too much) and love the waterproofness of them (pretty incredible actually). I can saw all day long in the snow and even when the boots are wet, my feet aren't. I can wear them in subfreezing temps down to about 0 before I really think of which footwear I'm going to put on. They're not insulated. The vibram soles are good, not great like lug soles but are efficient. walking around on decked logs feels very sturdy as well. They were stiff as a board when I was breaking my feet in but since, they are very comfy. I'm also impressed with the weight of the boot, they don't feel heavy at all which is nice when hiking lots of miles. The stitching has held up throughout the boot as well. I do not tree climb, though I'm starting to dabble in that world a bit so I don't know what they feel like climbing trees all that much.

My situational awareness and safety while cutting is always at the forefront of my mind but having these boots on makes it even nicer.

In the end, most times you get what you pay for. They are expensive but when it comes to safety, price doesn't usually matter to me esp if it's something I'm doing a lot of and the quality is there. Everyone puts on footwear when they go out to cut (or at least I'd hope so) why not put on a pair that may save your feet!

Happy cutting!

I’m on my fourth pair, love them. Only criticism is that the laces don’t last as long as I’d like

I tried to buy their Airpower boots, but their 'Wide' is not wide enough. Even tried going up a size. They said that the Ultra would fit similarly. Beautiful boots, but hard to buy by mail.

Philbert

I tried to buy their Airpower boots, but their 'Wide' is not wide enough. Even tried going up a size. They said that the Ultra would fit similarly. Beautiful boots, but hard to buy by mail.

Philbert
Yeah, that was definitely a concern not trying them on before hand.

I bought a pair around 2 years ago. Gen 1 airpower. Really like 'em. They have taken a severe beating as I deal a lot in blow downs and the like. They were stiff as a board when purchased. Still look and feel close to new. Very water resistant and they do acually breathe. Great product, but the price is a hurdle, definitely worth it.

I was very happy to read this post as I just purchased my first pair of Haix Protector Ultra boots! Now to wait for them to get here!! Lol

I was very happy to read this post as I just purchased my first pair of Haix Protector Ultra boots! Now to wait for them to get here!! Lol
The Ultra is a fantastic boot. I do like a little more heel height but they are something else in the tree and breathe well. Superior protection too.

Love mine! I'm three pairs in. Even though they are stupid expensive and not very durable (I have found them to be pretty much done after about a year of work. I climb a lot. Maybe that beats them up? I donno...), I will continue to come back to them. They are SO comfy and truly waterproof. You have probably discovered, like me that most products that claim waterproofness are really not, or... at least not for long! Be warned though, when you first put them on, they will feel like you are wearing snowboard boots. I almost returned my first pair, but after just a couple days they will feel like a tough, manly, and supportive pair of slippers that are perfectly conformed to your feet. I never feel that I am in any rush to get them off my feet at the end of the work day. I just think of them as a GREAT pair of work boots. The fact that they offer chainsaw protection is just a nice bonus.

Also, Haix is a great company to work with and worth supporting. If you have any issues just shoot them an email. They honored the one year warranty on my last pair even though I contacted them a week past its expiration. They have also sent me new insoles and laces free of charge. Their customer service alone has won me over as a lifetime customer.

These boots are on sale and sale ends today.

HAIX Protector Ultra Signal Red​

$279.00 * regular price $365.00 * (23.56% Saved) ($110.00 off)

I did not know these boots existed until reading this post. I ordered a pair of these.

Thanks for posting this and all that shared their opinions.

Maybe a link would help...
https://www.haixusa.com/haix-protector-ultra-signal-red?number=603111.M.11.5.

Love mine! I'm three pairs in. Even though they are stupid expensive and not very durable (I have found them to be pretty much done after about a year of work. I climb a lot. Maybe that beats them up? I donno...), I will continue to come back to them. They are SO comfy and truly waterproof. You have probably discovered, like me that most products that claim waterproofness are really not, or... at least not for long! Be warned though, when you first put them on, they will feel like you are wearing snowboard boots. I almost returned my first pair, but after just a couple days they will feel like a tough, manly, and supportive pair of slippers that are perfectly conformed to your feet. I never feel that I am in any rush to get them off my feet at the end of the work day. I just think of them as a GREAT pair of work boots. The fact that they offer chainsaw protection is just a nice bonus.

Also, Haix is a great company to work with and worth supporting. If you have any issues just shoot them an email. They honored the one year warranty on my last pair even though I contacted them a week past its expiration. They have also sent me new insoles and laces free of charge. Their customer service alone has won me over as a lifetime customer.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I’d take a shot. Been looking at chainsaw protective boots. I’m not a pro and don’t climb. It appears that most (all?) chainsaw protective boots are very stiff, and designed with the assumption that the wearer will be doing some climbing. Obviously these are marketed toward the pros, understandably so. My question is, how much do they flex once broken in. Many folks say they’re very comfortable after break in, but I’m not clear on whether that’s comfort climbing or comfort walking, or both. Would you recommend these from a comfort perspective for someone who doesn’t leave the ground?

Thanks.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I’d take a shot. Been looking at chainsaw protective boots. I’m not a pro and don’t climb. It appears that most (all?) chainsaw protective boots are very stiff, and designed with the assumption that the wearer will be doing some climbing. Obviously these are marketed toward the pros, understandably so. My question is, how much do they flex once broken in. Many folks say they’re very comfortable after break in, but I’m not clear on whether that’s comfort climbing or comfort walking, or both. Would you recommend these from a comfort perspective for someone who doesn’t leave the ground?

Thanks.
I would recommend them for anybody in the tree game. The Haix forestry boots XR200 I believe is also a good choice . The gen 2 model was a vast improvement over the ones I started with. If you do buy the arborist model, you will not be disappointed and they will last longer in the ground. I would add you want to use the protectant that they sell, it was formulated for their leather and get the clear goo. Best of luck.

I would recommend them for anybody in the tree game. The Haix forestry boots XR200 I believe is also a good choice . The gen 2 model was a vast improvement over the ones I started with. If you do buy the arborist model, you will not be disappointed and they will last longer in the ground. I would add you want to use the protectant that they sell, it was formulated for their leather and get the clear goo. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back