Have I reversed the fuel lines on my purge bulb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced the purge bulb on a poulan pro pr5020. The saw sat unused for a while and the bulb cracked. Prior to that, the saw ran great. After I replaced the bulb, I can start the saw easily but it stalls almost immediately as the gas I choked into the carb burns. choking the saw to start is like giving the engine a shot of gasoline. After it starts, the saw quits. Could this be because I reversed the fuel lines? I can draw gas into the carb to start but I can’t get any fuel from the tank to the cylinder after that. Is this a bulb /fuel line issue or something else?
Check your impulse line before going to far. It could act like that if it was broke or disconnected.

I replaced the purge bulb on a poulan pro pr5020. The saw sat unused for a while and the bulb cracked. Prior to that, the saw ran great. After I replaced the bulb, I can start the saw easily but it stalls almost immediately as the gas I choked into the carb burns. choking the saw to start is like giving the engine a shot of gasoline. After it starts, the saw quits. Could this be because I reversed the fuel lines? I can draw gas into the carb to start but I can’t get any fuel from the tank to the cylinder after that. Is this a bulb /fuel line issue or something else?
I finally CURED similar issue on Poulan after many tried, I trimmed 1/8" off the 1"+/-long fuel line between primer/ carb; it straightened fuel LINE, and took out slight bend/ crimp, and ALLOWED FREE FLOW OF FUEL (and this the SHORT version of story). GOOD LUCK

Back