Having trouble finding a 20" replacment bar for Chinese saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericfx1984

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm really having a lot of trouble finding a replacement 20-in bar for a Chinese.

The chain is 20", 0.325, lp 0.58 gauge, 76dl

Would it make more sense to upgrade to a different bar and chain all together? I need to replace my sprocket at this point as well so it doesn't seem like it would be a terrible idea to just go ahead and change everything out?

I'm really having a lot of trouble finding a replacement 20-in bar for a Chinese.

Would it make more sense to upgrade to a different bar and chain all together? I need to replace my sprocket at this point as well so it doesn't seem like it would be a terrible idea to just go ahead and change everything out?
You could post a profile pic of the tail section and mount.

@ericfx1984

Looks like an Oregon universal mount. Look up Oregon bar mount charts and get the measurements to match up a known mount you can get online or local. Nothing special about that bar you have there.

Watch your chain pitch and gauge. Switch to 050 gauge to buy chains much more common to most places and chainsaws in general.

@ericfx1984

Watch your chain pitch and gauge. Switch to 050 gauge to buy chains much more common to most places and chainsaws in general.
So if I I stayed with a 0.325 pitch but went up to a 0.050 Gage, I would stay with 76 drive links, keep my existing 325-7 chain sprocket and upgrade to a bar that would accommodate the 0.050 gauge chain thickness? Correct?

It seems like there's less I'd have to figure out

Would it make sense to go to a 3/8 chain with appropriate sprocket I've had no trouble finding the sprockets

So if I I stayed with a 0.325 pitch but went up to a 0.050 Gage, I would stay with 76 drive links, keep my existing 325-7 chain sprocket and upgrade to a bar that would accommodate the 0.050 gauge chain thickness? Correct?

It seems like there's less I'd have to figure out

Would it make sense to go to a 3/8 chain with appropriate sprocket I've had no trouble finding the sprockets
I’d stick with .325, 3/8 chain cuts a wider kerf than .325 pitch. In other words it’s a more aggressive chain, best suited for 60cc or bigger saws.

I'm just trying to make sure I understand this correctly if my current chain is 325, .058, 76dl... And I decide to go to a 050 gauge, wouldn't I just buy a 20-in bar , and 325, .050, 76dl chain?

This saw takes the same .325 bar/chain as a husky 50cc saw like a rancher 50, rancher 55, 450, 346, etc.
The chinese bars are a little under 20 inch, most 20 inch .325 bars are 78 drive links.
I run a 15 inch oregon bar/chain on mine. It's the most common size locally for me, I can get a chain at the corner store.

Witch brand clone is it

Latest posts

Back