Hello from Burlington, WA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefraze_1020

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name's Cameron. I currently have a Stihl MS 170 (from 2006) and a McCulloch Super 2-10 Automatic. A co-worker of mine has a Stihl 038 AV Magnum II that he is having me work on. He is planning on retiring and moving back to Cincinnati next spring and he doesn't know why he needs a saw as big as an 038 with a 24" bar. So, I am trying to convince him to trade me the 038 for my MS 170 plus some cash, since I have been looking for a bigger saw.

I like to take my saws every time I go camping in my old Airstream. I don't want to purchase firewood, so I like to go into the National Forest and cut my own firewood. Plus I stockpile firewood at my house to use in my fire pit in the backyard.

A little about me, I am 30 years old, and I have a wife of six years, a five-year-old daughter and a three-month-old son. I work for one of the local municipalities as a water treatment plant operator. For fun, I collect and repair old Coleman lanterns, I collect vintage road maps, old hand tools, and I like to drink beer and whiskey and smoke cigars with my buddies.

-CF

In case anyone was curious what happened with the Stihl trade, I am now the proud owner of the Stihl 038AV Magnum II. I traded my friend my MS170, plus two extra new chains, all the manuals and $100 for his 038. He also had some spare chains and tools for it. After sharpening the chain I have used it and that is one seriously solid saw! Turns out, the bar is an Oregon 28", not a 24" as I thought.

Latest posts

Back