HELP -Echo CS400 Problems Right out of the box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcdepriest

Reaction score
I have the smaller Echo 310 and love it but it just hasn't been big enough for some jobs. I bought the CS400 2 months ago. Would not start at all straight out of the box following directions from instructions. I pulled spark plug, drained fuel (red armor), put a little power blend in the chamber where the spark plug goes, reassembled with basically no fuel and it started.Ran thru one tank of fuel. Then wouldn't start. I have to go through this procedure every single time I want to use this chainsaw. Inevitably after adding fuel, chain oil , I can't get it to start even with going thru the same procedure. Is the red armor fresh enough out of the new can? Should I add power blend to red armor? What the heck am I doing wrong here?

carb set lean from factory
need to pull limiters n open it up some
had couple thru here like that

will likely void warranty tho
I haven't adjusted it at all both the L,H "slits" are sitting @ 1 o'clock, for I void my warranty anything sound off to you?

Wow that sucks I got 3 in the last 7 years all run awesome. Best thing is to buy from a dealer. They run it before you take it home. Still no excuse for the issue you having.

I haven't adjusted it at all both the L,H "slits" are sitting @ 1 o'clock, for I void my warranty anything sound off to you?

orientation of slots shouldnt matter
try turning them ccw to open as far as limiters will allow
pump primer up to 6x, should feel firm when ready to start
should not be needed when saw is warmed up

I got on out of a dealer scrap pile. I pulled the limiter caps and it tuned right in. I'm guessing it was replaced under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back