Help-Homelite guide bar pricing and interchanging.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got about 16 or 17 Homelite guide bars, all in nice condition. Been looking on Ebay for comparable bars to gauge pricing, but there's not much there right now... time of the year maybe.

Most of mine are off of Homelite 360, and Pro 360 saws. Some are 24" solid nose "Perma Hard Tip" bars off of big older Homelites. Sorry, have not taken pics or written down part numbers yet.

1) Wondering what Homelite 20" and 24" Perma Hard Tip solid nose bars are worth in really nice condition?
2) How about Homelite 20" and 24" sprocket tip bars in nice condition?
3) I've read that Homelite Perma Hard Tip bars, and sprocket nose bars, will fit Echo, John Deere Kioritz, and Poulan saws. Is this true?
If so, what else will they fit?
Some Poulan saws are actually Pioneer, (Pro 455 for example), also some Poulan and McCulloch bars interchange. This leads me to believe Pioneer and McCulloch saws will be able to utilize Homelite bars... am I right?

Appreciate any advice.

The 24" bars have GW222450 or 04438722 on them. Can't find any numbers on the 20" Homelite bars... just say "Power Tip" and have a red sprocket logo on the tip, polished finish on them.

I will try to answer, in order:

1) and 2) Check Ebay for SOLD listings to determine prices (not current listed prices). Retro saws and saw parts have gone up in value since folks started following Buckin Billy Ray. Bars in very nice physical and cosmetic shape will command a premium price.
3) The standard Homelite mount is D196. This pattern also fits some Poulans and McCulloch saws (and possibly others). Additionally, the bar tail and oiler/bar adjuster holes on these D196 bars are identical the D176 pattern which is used on most vintage Macs as well as modern Echo saws. The only difference between the D196 and D176 is the size of the bar stud hole with the 196 being larger. To complicate (or simplify) matters, the saws with the smaller 176 studs can accept either a purchased or homemade spacer so you can run 196 bars on McC/Echo.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, check ebay and other online stores that sell NOS or Used parts.

FWIW, a replacement 24" bar is made by Oregon p/n 240RNDD196 , and $63 amazon prime. Same bar except D176 mount is $51

The 20" bar has two options;
Oregon p/n 200GDDD096 (AdvanceCut - lighter use) is $42 prime,
Oregon p/n 200RNDD196 (PowerCut - pro grade) is $55 prime

Places like Lil Red Barn have combo bar/chain set in 20" for just $45...

So it's more collectible value if someone wants to make an OEM saw shine. Also depends on condition and viability, of course. Sounds like you have a lot there, so if they are worth some decent coin to a collector/rebuilder might be time to fire up a production line and flatten, sand/file, paint, decal, and make Homelite Bars Great Again!

Back