Help! Husky 562XP Not Running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhuf42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
G'day from Australia, I'm currently rebuilding a 2016-ish 562XP purchased as a non-runner. I've replaced the p/c, compression is great but it still won't start. I can get it to run off fuel into the carb throat, however tank fuel is a no-go. When pressing the primer bulb a lot of bubbles, almost foam, appear in the line between the carb and bulb. (I recently replaced the line with a transparent one) There also appears to be small amounts of fuel coming out of the tank vent line, which makes a hissing sound whenever the bulb is pressed. Any ideas as to the cause and fix of this would be great. Thanks!

Is the primer bulb connected right? Is it blowing down the line it should be sucking on?
Is the fuel filter in the tank old and clogged? Is the fuel line in the tank long enough to let the filter pick up the fuel? Is the fuel line pinched at the grommet?

Yessir, primer bulb is pushing fuel down the return line and pulling from the carb. Fuel filter is brand new, I've moved it around the tank a little bit to check it's positioning and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Fuel line appears unobstructed. Thanks for your help!

Sounds like the primer is sucking air instead of fuel so if it's connected right and is functioning properly, there must be an air leak in the carb. Most common causes are a faulty fuel supply line or an internal carb issue such as a nozzle check valve that is stuck open. A good test for the check valve is to block the fuel inlet port to the carb and suck on the primer port, it should hold a solid vacuum.

There were also a few fuel line updates, more for hot start issues, but the tank vent to filter mount was done away with. How they pack the fuel line in there also has a tendency to lead to places it can develop an crack/air leak. Best bet is to replace the suction line to the carb, and test the carb as described ababovethese carbs arnt actually that finiky, so long as the electronic side of things works.

Latest posts

Back