Help. Sthil 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bolt the bar on and leave the chain and cover off. You should see oil fill in the bar, as it comes out of the hole in the bar.
Yep. Oil entered top of bar slit then ran out and down. Could a thicker bar oil be a help?

IMG_0935.jpgIMG_0934.jpg

bar oil hole is not lining up correctly or too small or possibly not flat, i would try driling the oil feed hole out larger and all the way through so it can be seen if the oil feeds match up with the saw body's oil outlet channel.

bar oil hole is not lining up correctly or too small or possibly not flat, i would try driling the oil feed hole out larger and all the way through so it can be seen if the oil feeds match up with the saw body's oil outlet channel.
OK. I'll try this as I have nothing to loose. I'll try it on my old bar first after I dress it down as the shoulders have flattened. Follow up post coming Friday.

OK. I'll try this as I have nothing to loose. I'll try it on my old bar first after I dress it down as the shoulders have flattened. Follow up post coming Friday.
It's not Friday yet but I have SUCCESS! Thanks to the AS COMMUNITY AND ALL THAT REPLIED.
I drilled out the small oil holes in the bar. Small bit all the way through and bit larger than hole to dish in the surface of the holes.
Installed new spur sprocket and sleeve bearing.
What I think really made the difference was dressing down the bar all the way to the back of the bar. This was necessary especially after drilling the small bit through. The rails were also flattened, uneven and proud.
Thanks again. My oldest saw is now back on the front rack of the Ranger doing duty as #1 go to saw.

IMG_0936.jpgIMG_0937.jpg

Latest posts

Back