Help Stihl 201 tcm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I pressure,and vac tested the upper fuel line and it's good.So it comes down to buy the electronics on the carb or a new carb.The electronics are 64.00 and the new carb with the electronics on it are 87.00. I will order a new carb and hopefully be done with it.It's a 45 minute to a hour drive east or west to the next stihl dealer. This one is a 1 1/2 mile from my house. The main guy and about half the staff were gone to a meeting in Knoxville today.So I will go back and talk to hlm tomorrow.

Well it has a new wiring harness, so I'll put the solenoid on the list.No wonder I don't own one of these saws,I can't afford it. So far almost 300.00 and it still doesn't run and the sad part is I have another one after this one. It has been said that the tricks of the trade make work easy or hard. If you know them easy if you don't hard.I need to learn some new tricks.YA think I can buy some on fleebay?
I sell rebuilt 200T's

We didn't look at the carb break down today. The page he went to just showed 2 different carbs but when I go back tomorrow I will get them to look.By the way how much did you pay for just the solenoid?

We didn't look at the carb break down today. The page he went to just showed 2 different carbs but when I go back tomorrow I will get them to look.By the way how much did you pay for just the solenoid?
Forget that just look where the wires go to the carb where they plug in and like I said a bracket holds the solenoid in . I paid 35.00

I took it off there is a little round drum that goes in the side of the carb.It has 3 holes two round and one elongated on opposite sides. Does it come out off the harness?

Yes we were good before just had to get on the same page. Oh and the serial number on the saw js illegible 180 is all we could read.

Back