Help to I.D. NOS Stihl P/C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to ID a NOS Stihl Mahle cylinder.
52mm bore, domed piston, no decomp, has “tonsil” in intake port.
Piston and cylinder marked "B" size. Piston has Stihl logo next to the arrow pointing to ex side.
Cylinder clearly marked Mahle on casting, other numbers/letters are not helping with the I.D. (I forgot to write these down). The cylinder also has a steel insert in the spark plug hole from the factory.

Not a 038M, 056 or 064. I'm thinking it may be for an 048?

Pictures I took are out of focus, I didn't realize that until I downloaded them onto my computer. I will take new ones when I have time, unless someone can confirm this is a 048.

Thanks in advance for any ideas what this fits!

Attachments

• cyl pic.jpg
    cyl pic.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29
  • cyl pic 2.jpg
    cyl pic 2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 25
  • cyl pic 3.jpg
    cyl pic 3.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 25
  • cyl pic 4.jpg
    cyl pic 4.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 22
  • cyl pic 5.jpg
    cyl pic 5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • piston pic.jpg
    piston pic.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 23
  • piston pic 2.jpg
    piston pic 2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 27
Trying to ID a NOS Stihl Mahle cylinder.
52mm bore, domed piston, no decomp, has “tonsil” in intake port.
Piston and cylinder marked "B" size. Piston has Stihl logo next to the arrow pointing to ex side.
Cylinder clearly marked Mahle on casting, other numbers/letters are not helping with the I.D. (I forgot to write these down). The cylinder also has a steel insert in the spark plug hole from the factory.

Not a 038M, 056 or 064. I'm thinking it may be for an 048?

Pictures I took are out of focus, I didn't realize that until I downloaded them onto my computer. I will take new ones when I have time, unless someone can confirm this is a 048.

Thanks in advance for any ideas what this fits!
I'mma say 048, they look exactly like an 056 cylinder except they have a slightly smaller exhaust port and an angled plug hole. What're your plans for those?

need the #s off of it, then no guessing you will know what it is
Damm camera was on auto focus and it focused on background instead of cylinder. There was no 4 digit Stihl series number
I'mma say 048, they look exactly like an 056 cylinder except they have a slightly smaller exhaust port and an angled plug hole. What're your plans for those?
If it's a 048 it might go to trading post. I think those only fit 048, and possibly 042 (1117 series)

Latest posts

Back