Help with Cherry (or Cherry Blossom) Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDub2k

Reaction score
***edit... heh, maybe it isnt a cherry tree at all? someone told me it looked like one so I went with it.. anyways let me know if you can identify it***....

Howdy..
Bought a house last year and am finally tackling the gardening.

There is a tree planted in the corner of the lot and I’m hoping it is a cherry tree that bears edible fruit, but I’m no expert.. would anyone be able to tell me what type of tree it is? I’ve attached some close ups of the flowers.

It also is leaning like crazy, if it wasn’t leaning against the shed I wouldn’t be surprise if it was way worse than it is.

Here are some photos…
Can someone clue me in on what to do? My thought was to attach some extensions to the poles holding up the brown fence on the right and pull it straight with rope. (It will go straight if I really pull on the tree)…

But what am I really supposed to do?? Prune it? Any help would be appreciated in identifying or remedying the situation because I really like the tree! Hopefully these pictures are enough but if you need better angles or more just ask..

Thanks!!

0696A47A-7ED8-48B0-8EBA-BF0BD5DB5E0C.jpeg
35412AB8-6C00-4486-BD41-D374EA07D587.jpeg
D900797D-76F0-4420-AD9B-330CE85126DB.jpeg

Whatever it is it must like cold climates being in Ontario. You got me.

That's a flowering crab, fruit is for the birds and not the bipeds. No light, lots of water in that location is causing it to struggle. Pull it out, place it in a sunny location with some better soil if you want to keep it alive and plug a shade loving plant into the hole instead.

I think a yew, or a false spirea/astilbe would go nice to block your neighbours garbage patch. Or some ligularia. Or a few shepherds hooks to hang some hanging impatiens and fuchsias from.

Do any of the neighbors have the same tree? If so, ask them what it is.

Back