Help with echo 670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 670 has a center spring arrangement that index's from two posts around the outside edge. Loosen that center screw and it all lifts out. If your careful, you can lift the spring and the holder out together w/o having the spring un wind. There is also a piece of thin plastic that acts as a cover to keep debris from getting to the spring. Once you have cleaned it all out, you put everything back in the way it came out. Set the spring tension, so that the pull handle doesnt hang on the outside, by turning that outside piece of plastic that has the two posts. As an alternative, look closely at the rope drum and notice that it has a small notch for you to tension the pull rope that way as well.

Here is a link to the drawings. For some reason should it not work, just navigate over to Echo USA. Support > cs-670 > Guides and Manuals > cs-670 > PDF download. Their site has been under construction for at least 6 months and its quirky. You must include the 'cs-' in front of the 670 or any search results are; NLA.

https://www.echo-usa.com/technical-documentation?keyword=cs-670
thanks, I will try that

I'm a little frustrated and disappointed. Finally got round to installing a carb kit. ( btw , I noticed that the fuel pump diaphragm?in the new kit was tan and the old one was black, could that be a problem?). I managed to get it to start, but I can only keep it running if I keep my finger on the throttle. I imagine I have to pull the limiter caps which I have never had great success at!. Not sure how to figure out what's wrong here and I can't keep it running well enough to adjust the carb screws, and possibly those limiter caps won't let me do much adjusting at all. I discovered that I think I need to pull it on choke couple times to get it to start, even though it's not cold. It either has to be racing or it dies if I let my finger off throttle. Does that tell you anything? Please take pity on this old village idiot

Back