Help with harness info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrs

Reaction score
Hi, im new to the site and new to tree climbimg.
I am learning the basic step for tree climbimg with DRT slowly ( so basically a lot of climb up climb down at just 15 meters, do and undo the knot to the harness and the knot for drt), i still have to gain trust in the equipment.
In this i need some info about the harness, i do have : Climbing Technology Ascent.
I know is not comfortable but so far i dont want comfort, i do care to know if is secure for the DRT and for learning purpose.
Can you help me to understand if the harness is secure, and can sustain the load for the DRT?
I did uploas also the pdf of the harness.

Thanks for the help. :)

Attachments

• ASCENT-7H1460.pdf
    754.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi, im new to the site and new to tree climbimg.
I am learning the basic step for tree climbimg with DRT slowly ( so basically a lot of climb up climb down at just 15 meters, do and undo the knot to the harness and the knot for drt), i still have to gain trust in the equipment.
In this i need some info about the harness, i do have : Climbing Technology Ascent.
I know is not comfortable but so far i dont want comfort, i do care to know if is secure for the DRT and for learning purpose.
Can you help me to understand if the harness is secure, and can sustain the load for the DRT?
I did uploas also the pdf of the harness.

Thanks for the help. :)
That is a rock climbing harness, meant for freedom of movement and fall protection. It will be ok for learning basic climbing techniques, but definitely not a good work positioning harness. I definitely would not do any actual tree work with it.

Back