Help with Lavender Twist Red Bud tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinsc

Reaction score
Hello arborists!

I have a Lavender Twist Red Bud tree which is 3 years old. It has some spots on the leaves, and some browning on some leaves. I've attached some pictures. Is there something I should do to keep the tree healthy?

Thank you!
Dustin

Attachments

• IMG_9543.jpeg
    IMG_9543.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9548.jpeg
    IMG_9548.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9547.jpeg
    IMG_9547.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9545.jpeg
    IMG_9545.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 0
While I am not familiar with the diseases or conditions prevalent in Utah, I can pass along some general advice.

That looks like a fungal leaf spot of some sort, which is probably compounded a bit by some dry conditions. I also am not familiar with that particular variety of Redbud. The leaves look a bit heat stressed to me.
In general, most fungal diseases cannot be effectively treated once you see the symptoms. Prevention is key, and you are starting at the wrong time of year. Also, most leaf spot diseases are not going to cause any critical injury to your tree. They are generally considered cosmetic problems, unless the tree is otherwise stressed or in poor condition.

How much water has the tree been getting recently?

Also, your post seems to have gone undiscovered. Perhaps I can page one of my "betters".
@Raintree
@Del_

Do you guys have any opinions on this?

Back