Hesitation on Bar for an MS261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 3/8 picco on my 025. What I like, It cuts faster, is less cutters making it quicker to resharpen and especially if you buy Stihl chain, cheaper then .325. I keep a few carbide picco chains for when i can't avoid dirty wood and I believe they are much cheaper then .325. The .325 is tougher in that it's less likely to break teeth or links in rugged conditions. I am happy with. 325 on my 026 but often would prefer standard 3/8 especially with a 16inch bar. Far as I am concerned they all work well with an 026 and I wouldn't spend much extra to use 1 over the other for multi purpose use.
And I think we have a winner. Just run the saw. with what was put on it. I never saw too much difference if the chain was sharp. The only thing I am disapointed in is my 22 yr. old 026. Has a 16" bar and .325. It has a crankcase seal leak . It doesnt have that many hours on it . I took it in thinking it would be a $73 carb install, but would be a $250 job for crank case seals. I decided to just go buy an Echo 620P for $601 with tax and all . I wonder if I should just spend $250 to get it fixed after all. I bring it back home and it hardly starts, and runs for 30 sec. and stalls out. I dont think it was pout back together properly cause it always ran when wide open just fine. Never was a good saw. Half the power of my 034.

Back