Hey all, newb to the forum here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaPPyWoodChucK

Reaction score
Hey all, newb to the forum here.
Looking to build the knowledge, and take advice as best I can- used to do thinning on some farmland via a mate's company years ago, and did the usual bucking and firewood process etc so not total newb but not proper tree climbing and limbing at height etc.
Got myself two saws, an 026 (guessing pro version as SN# shows 1999 and came with the Stihl OEM decomp setup on cylinder) and an MS460 with SN# saying 2011. Both needed a clean up, 026 needed a new p&c, sprocket which i installed and now runs great, plus a general maintenence checkover. I'm thinking the MS460 may need a similar maintenence check so will be doing that and checking it all out. The seller on fleabay says it runs and cuts as it should but lets be honest we all know to take things with a pinch of salt just incase but mostly we like to be sure it is how WE want it to run. So will check p&c, carb, etc and defo needs a new muffler as this one is ruuuuuuuuuusty. However if i do a great job like i did with the 026 then it will be a roaring beast again (and maybe do a few mods haha)
So heads up just incase I do ask a seemingly newb or benal question or two.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Back