HiPA chain review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy on another forum says oregon presets fit this chain perfectly. He buys longer loops and cuts them down to the size he needs and puts the leftover sections together to make another loop.
My Stihl presets seemed to work fine.

I bought three loops of full-chisel 3/8" x .050" with 81 DL for less than $18 delivered. Two of the loops I shortened to 72 DL for my 20" 361 and with the third loop, I'll splice in some of the extra stuff to make a 91 DL chain for my 660...

My Stihl presets seemed to work fine.

I bought three loops of full-chisel 3/8" x .050" with 81 DL for less than $18 delivered. Two of the loops I shortened to 72 DL for my 20" 361 and with the third loop, I'll splice in some of the extra stuff to make a 91 DL chain for my 660...
Good to know. Thanks

That's the problem. I want them, just don't really need them.
whyyyyyyy youuuuuuuuuuuu CHAIN HOARDER youuuuu, how despicable!!!!

I`m like that myself too. I might not need it for awhile, but there always comes that day that you`re glad that you have it.

I will also add, that if a friend needs something, and i can help them if i have extra`s, i gladly help them.

☺️

I`m like that myself too. I might not need it for awhile, but there always comes that day that you`re glad that you have it.

I will also add, that if a friend needs something, and i can help them if i have extra`s, i gladly help them.

☺️
send me all new chains

☺️

Yes. It's nice to have extra and it's hard for me to pass up a good deal. But as many aches and pains as I have now I just don't know how many more years I will be able to use a saw. I don't even burn wood and only have a couple acres of woods. So with 10 saws and 2 or 3 chains for each saw, I am trying to use common sense and not buy anymore. I have been on that website twice today and so far have talked myself out of buying any. We'll see how long my willpower holds out.

Yes. It's nice to have extra and it's hard for me to pass up a good deal. But as many aches and pains as I have now I just don't know how many more years I will be able to use a saw. I don't even burn wood and only have a couple acres of woods. So with 10 saws and 2 or 3 chains for each saw, I am trying to use common sense and not buy anymore. I have been on that website twice today and so far have talked myself out of buying any. We'll see how long my willpower holds out.
I hear that AA, i`m in my 60`s, and its getting rough on me now. I have a very bad back. Plates and screws in my neck. I`m down to a little over 5 acres of woods now. Down sizing more every year. I don`t have that many saws left, but i sure can`t pass up a good deal on chains. I have no will power, lol. I hope your will power stays strong, lol.

Be safe out there friend ☺️

I hear that AA, i`m in my 60`s, and its getting rough on me now. I have a very bad back. Plates and screws in my neck. I`m down to a little over 5 acres of woods now. Down sizing more every year. I don`t have that many saws left, but i sure can`t pass up a good deal on chains. I have no will power, lol. I hope your will power stays strong, lol.

Be safe out there friend ☺️
I'm 60. Have the plate and 6 screws in my neck too. Bad lower back , shoulder and knee.

But your heart is in the right place, which is a medical miracle these days!

How do these chains last over time? Can you run them to toothpicks? Have you hit any metal with them yet?
Thanks. I also have a heart condition and other medical conditions. Have 7 prescriptions now. Probably have another after my Dr appointment this month.

I haven't used these chains enough to know about longevity. I'm only at 3 sharpening on one of them. Haven't hit anything with it. It's holding up well so far. I like the Husqvarna xcut and the stihl yellow chain a little better but I would rate this hipa as good as oregon. At these prices you can't beat it.

Latest posts

Back