Hmmm New Forum?I guess I'll Be the first to Post.LOL New estwing Axes and Hatchets...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like what generaly happens when good hard steel meets rock,or concrete

The one I had was late 80's manufacture and was all chrome with the blue rubber grip.

I dropped it on the concrete floor of our garage and when it landed, a big chip broke out of the blade, probably 1/2" by 3/4".
It fell maybe three feet. It was brand new and hadn't been sharpened.

A fiskars would have just bent.:taped:

The Estwing Tomahawk looks really nice. I have the Sportsman Axe and really like it. However it has a convex (rounded) edge, which is good for splitting small logs but makes it difficult to sharpen and stick into a piece of wood. I would suppose the tomahawk has a double beveled edge.

While I don't have the latest offering from Estwing, I have a this two (2) that's just been sitting in my garage.

EstwingAxes_viii.jpg

That's in addition to a couple of hammers, mallets, and roofer's hatchet. That's all for now from an awesome Made in the USA tool company!

you know it really ticked me off when lowes discontinued the estwing line and replaced them with the chinese bostich ones.after finally going to home depot last month it made me feel better. :)

Latest posts

Back