hodges stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterjo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have older hodges stump grinder. I broke shaft that holds cutting head. does any one know where I could find one like in a stump grinder junk yard or any other place. I have tried on line and made a few calls with no luck. any info would be helpful.
hunterjo

I have a person doing that as I speak. I still would like to find someone who might have parts for this grinder. any info is good info.
thanks hunterjo

a person working on
had new shaft made and new bearings , works great again. I am still looking for some one with any parts. I know my main drive belt is showing a lot of wear. I figure there is some used ones floating around just don't where. Some day I might need other parts also.

A place where bearings are sold. Typical bearing and hydraulic components. That is where you find industrial belts. They can match up whatever you have.
if and when I break this belt I will take your advice where to locate one.
have a great day. hunterjo

if and when I break this belt I will take your advice where to locate one.
have a great day. hunterjo

I happen to have traded for one of these old dudes got it cheap and it’s in great shape. Used it several times to cut some stumps in my yard. Daggone it’s well built, I bet these weren’t cheap new. Only thing that annoys me is I have to take sand paper to some contacts and the points on the old Kohler sometimes as they get corroded/dirty.

I have a hodges machine that I am having trouble with. The machine will go when I am trying to get it to a stump, but does not have enough power to pull to load on a trailer. Any ideas on what I need to do?

I have a Hodges 20 hp Kohler, Very Light use since buying it in 1993. I have the owners manual, and can furnish a copy if needed. The machine will be for sale shortly, retired. Im in the Denver area. Too good to part out, and, I have a spare belt, new, in the box. I can get the MFG # for the belt, if anyone needs it. Any input on what this may be worth? Im thinking $1500, with manual and spare belt. Thanks!

I have a Hodges 20 hp Kohler, Very Light use since buying it in 1993. I have the owners manual, and can furnish a copy if needed. The machine will be for sale shortly, retired. Im in the Denver area. Too good to part out, and, I have a spare belt, new, in the box. I can get the MFG # for the belt, if anyone needs it. Any input on what this may be worth? Im thinking $1500, with manual and spare belt. Thanks!
Hi. Been looking for a manual. What will it take for you to send a copy to me thanks

Hi i wrote before but i don't know where the post went. Anyway what will it take to get a copy of the Hodges service manual thanks

Hi what would it take to get a copy of the owners manual, Any diagrams of the transmision??

Ok Im probley sending a second reply But what would it take to get a copy of the owners manual thanks Vic

Hodges: there's a story built in mountain home Arkansas trying to think of when I bought mine...purchased the last manual machine they had, they said they wouldnt be building any more...it was early 1990s must have been 1990 or 91.what a machine built like a tank!

New video posted on YT.

I have one myself and it chews up the stumps great.

Hope this helps someone.

Back