Holzfforma G272 - won’t fit a HT-388-72 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it’s interesting, my 55 uses a .050 20” bar and I would have liked to keep it consistent for compatibility. I am honestly not entirely sure why they make .058s. I was reading they helps get a little extra oil to the end of the bar, especially on longer bars. I’m not sure if there is anything to that though, or that a 20” bar would count as long. I guess chalk it up to curiosity mostly as I’ve never had one.
I don't see the reason either, all my saws use .050 except for the one stihl .063. I have heard the oil theory as well. I don't buy it. It's only .008 difference. Most huskys oil pretty good anyway.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s interesting, my 55 uses a .050 20” bar and I would have liked to keep it consistent for compatibility. I am honestly not entirely sure why they make .058s. I was reading they helps get a little extra oil to the end of the bar, especially on longer bars. I’m not sure if there is anything to that though, or that a 20” bar would count as long. I guess chalk it up to curiosity mostly as I’ve never had one.
They has 063 also which is more common on 30" + bars in western Canada, anyway. A little bit more durability. You are probably better off to keep thing compatible.
Areas are different for availability as mentioned.
I can't speak for all of Canada but in the west, all small to mid size Husqvarna saws and bar stock was 058 and stihl bars were 050. (May not be all that way now??)
.O50" seem to be the thing in much of the US.

.058 gauge is annoying from a shops perspective...alot of hassel because husqvarna decided to be difficult.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

They has 063 also. That is more common on 30" + bars in western Canada, anyway. A little bit more durability. You are probably better off to keep thing compatible.
Areas are different for availability as mentioned.
I can't speak for all of Canada but in the west, all small to mid size Husqvarna saws and bar stock was 058 and stihl bars were 050. (May not be all that way now??)
.O50" seem to be the thing in much of the US.
We have it all over on this side, some shops have all while others have some but not all and few of them know anything about bars or chain. If I happen to drop into a shop to get a chain they don`t have a clue if I ask for a 3/8" X 72 dl in a .050 ga or substitute any run of chain numbers there. They need to know what saw I have so for the fun of it I say over 100 different models, just get me the chain I asked for please. They send me to the chain case to pick it out myself. Wasn`t always that way but almost all of the knowledgeable workers in the shops now know next to nothing about what they sell, the computer is what they depend on. I try to impart some education to them but by the time I get back there again all the faces have changed again.

Back