Holzfforma g395xp issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyslinger

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for some advice.
My brand new cs will only start under full throttle, can't even get nice sputtering with choke on. It will also run at full speed when the gas tank gets fully depleted. I tuned it up what I thought was nice but this didn't solve my issues. From looking it up it seems as if it could be an air leak but I couldn't find any info on where the leak would likely occur. I also found a completely loose nut in the starter casing but i dont know what thats for and i dont think thats the issue.
I appreciate the help.
Be weary of Chinese copies.

1. If it's new, and you bought it assembled, get in touch with the company you bought it from. Get them to replace the saw. Or, at least send you a complete fuel system...filter, hose, carb.

2. Knowing were a saw is likely to leak is not going to help. You simply need to pressure and vac test the case and the carb. You will need to buy a tester and make block-off plates.

Roy

It could be an air leak, but the thing is new. What I see as common with many of the pre-assembled FT saws is their carbs are not assembled correctly. Sometimes with the diaphragm tweaked or messed up, sometimes the wrong order of gaskets, sometimes the meter is upside down, all sorts of wonkyness. The best thing to do, though, is get the OEM carb replacement even if the carb works right. For now, I would open up that carb and check it out if you know what you are doing. Otherwise, if you got it local or from FT USA, try their customer service out. Good luck.

Back