Home depot used saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago, I bought a Home Despot rental saw. It was a blue Dol-Kita 6401. I pulled the muffler and the piston looked good, so I took a chance. I paid $275 + tax. At my shop, I tore down the top end and gave everything a good cleaning. I have to admit that I was impressed with the Dol-Kita quality as I could tell that the saw had seen a lot of hard miles, but it was still going. I purchased a Dolmar 7900 piston/cylinder kit and turned the Dol-Kita into a Frankensaw big bore. I also added the heavy-duty air filter.

I only kept it for a year or so and then I sold it for approximately what I had into it. For some reason, the saw never really tripped my trigger. It was a strong runner, but when I needed an 80cc + size saw, I always reached for the 390XP. When I needed a mid-size saw, I just like the feel of the 372XP better. The guy that bought it just loves it.

I'm not itching to do it again, even though I think that Dolmar makes outstanding saws.

JQ

I spoke to them this morning. They said the saw was in good shape and ran well and has a new bar snd chain on it. They dropped the price to $275 for me since I told them I was over an hour away. It’s very tempting.
Definitely worth the price. Check to make sure it has the correct new bar. The saw has a label right by the trigger with the correct bar part no. The store had put an old 6421 bar on the 6100 I bought used. It runs and cuts fine, but the oil port does not match up - so it wouldn't oil. $45 for the correct bar. Also, the case at the recoil attachment bolt hole was cracked. Didn't see that until much later. Doesn't appear to affect anything, and I don't know if that is a typical issue with the 6100 or just this saw.

Anyway - anything like that might get you some more off.

Latest posts

Back