Home Made crispy Onion rings.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I saw. a Onion ring comment. Thought every one in the USA knew about them, you can get them at most resturants and some fast food places like, Burger King, Dairy Queen and A&W Root Beer joints.

Any Onion will pretty much work, my self I like the big yellow ones and some times the white ones.

Start by cutting the onions into rings about ¼ of an inch thick, separating them from each other. This recipe works best with the big and medium sized rings. But you can use the smaller ones just don't cook them to long.
Or just save in a zip lock for some other recipe.

The next step is to prepare the breading by combining the flour, the baking powder, the salt and the paprika. You can replace the paprika with chili powder, or omit it completely if you don’t have it on hand. Mix well and coat each onion ring with the mix before shaking to remove excess flour.

Next, in another bowl, we combine the milk, the pepper, and the egg and beat until well combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and stir until no lumps remain. Coat each onion ring in this mixture as well and then coat in breadcrumbs.

The final step is to fry in a deep fryer or in a pot with enough oil to cover the onion rings. I recommend adding about 3-4 onion rings at a time so that it is less likely that they burn. Once ready, pat dry with some paper towels to get rid of the excess oil.

I have just used a fry pan deep enough to have oil cover the rings.

Serve when doing Sandwichs, Hot dogs, Burgers and Subs.

:D Al

Back