Home made stump grinder build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front wheel assemblies came from Carlton, they fit 4012 & 5014 machines, rear wheel assemblies are from Surplus Center, they are foam filled. Most the hydraulic components came from the Surplus Center. On the propel circuit, I did use the same hydraulic block from Carlton so that I can have a two speed as well as fine control. All belts & bearings came from I.B.T.

I might add, on the dual tire set up that I received from Carlton for my home built machine, the tube welded spacer on their assembly was not enough to suit me. Machine still seemed unstable. So I found some aftermarket 2 inch wheel spacers that I added on the outside tires. It made a world of difference in the stability, and almost the same diameter as the tube extension size that Carlton uses. Plus the single bolt that you remove outside tire is still accessible to do so. So with being said, for those that do own factory built machines if in your application you find that you need more stability, you can add these spacers.

Latest posts

Back