Homelite 330 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 330 also and have had to replace the boot two times. The guy at the repair shop said to use only non ethanol gas and it will help. I have and boy did it help. The 330 runs better
then it every has. Its been two years synch I put a boot in and no more trouble By all means use non ethanol gas and it will run beater then ever.

I've heard that the a/v mounts, when they get a little spongy will cause the boot to flex and eventually crack. Makes me want to experiment with epoxying a tube inside the boot along with the mounts..I haven't run ethanol gas in any of my saws for a really long time..

I have a 330 also and have had to replace the boot two times. The guy at the repair shop said to use only non ethanol gas and it will help. I have and boy did it help. The 330 runs better
then it every has. Its been two years synch I put a boot in and no more trouble By all means use non ethanol gas and it will run beater then ever.
Tricky to find non-ethanol gas. Everywhere around here has "up to 10% ethanol additive"

We have it but it's a good 25 mile round trip. Thankfully I don't have to make too many trips..
Also noticed the fuel mixture doesn't last much past a month. Before ethanol became a thing it used to last much longer. Now I just mix 1 gallon at a time

Anybody have an actual picture of how these lines go together on the upper part of this intake boot (carb chamber)? I got a little confused and youtube videos just aren't detailed enough.

Do I have this right?

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_164455.jpg
    IMG_20200219_164455.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200219_164516.jpg
    IMG_20200219_164516.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Got it put back together and runs pretty good. The chain oiler is working pretty good too. I want to thank everyones help on this forum. The YouTube video helped a little too.
BTW what's the procedure for adjusting those low/high idle screws? It's running fine but I think the high could be adjusted a little.

Got it put back together and runs pretty good. The chain oiler is working pretty good too. I want to thank everyones help on this forum. The YouTube video helped a little too.
BTW what's the procedure for adjusting those low/high idle screws? It's running fine but I think the high could be adjusted a little.

Search for "carb tuning" and sit back for about 6 days worth of reading. Lots of information, and opinions, on here. Don't go with the first procedure you read.

Just be sure you warm up the saw before trying to adjust the H screw. The L screw is the only idle screw other than the idle speed screw, the H is high speed only. Sometimes the L screw will affect the high speed and off-idle performance but the H screw adjustment shouldn't affect the idle..

Latest posts

Back