Homelite 410 no start troubleshooting steps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dysphunktion

Reaction score
Hi all! Obligatory "Long time lurker, first time poster"!
Ever since my father passed not too many years ago, all that grown up stuff he did fell to me and I went from absolutely HATING having to do any automotive, plumbing, landscaping or mechanic work to
loving ever second of it! And now here I am! Been hitting these forums for awhile now and finally came across an issue that made me say heck with it, might as well post and ask these damn gurus!

So, I was given this saw as a payment for some PC work I did for a gentlemen. The work I did would have only cost him about $50 but I recently saw that this specifical model sells for upwards of 250?
If that is actually true, I may have to let the man know and see if he still wants to use it as payment. He has no idea what it's worth, just that it doesn't start. It was passed to him from his father.
Anyway, I've checked and verified it has spark. But she just won't start regardless of any of the millions of choke variations I've tried. The only thing that seems to get me anywhere is when I hit it with a little spray of
that magic starter liquid. So that leads me to a fuel issue....but aside from the carb, is there any telltale way I can know for certain if it is a fuel issue?

Also, it has a David Bradley, 24" bar on it but am not having any luck finding what type of chain she prefers? There was no chain included. And I never had luck with any of those "this chain fits 1,240,000 different saws" chains on my MS290 and my recently stolen pride, MS271.

Finally, this is obviously NOT my area of any sort of expertise. I do know that Homelite is held in high regard even down here in the states and the 410 model seems to be seen as one of the last real "Homies". I'll say I was super impressed with the lack of plastic on her. And less impressed with the lack of a chain brake but shrug. Is it still considered a good saw? I want to take her out before the wood season ends where I live and see how she stacks against the 290.

Thanks in advance!!!

Latest posts

Back