Homelite 750

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncd1

Reaction score
Hello all… hope all is well.
I am new here and hope someone out there can help me. I have a Homelite 750 chainsaw and need a large bar for it (42”-46” or 48”) does anyone know whom makes a bar this long that fits my 750?
Thank you very much
John

Hello all… hope all is well.
I am new here and hope someone out there can help me. I have a Homelite 750 chainsaw and need a large bar for it (42”-46” or 48”) does anyone know whom makes a bar this long that fits my 750?
Thank you very much
John
No company currently makes a long bar for that saw. You can adapt a D009 husqvarna bar to it by filling the slot .5mm and slightly enlarging the adjustment pin hole with a round file. Your bar plates might need a slight tweek also.
Ebay has some pop up once in awhile, D096 or D196 Oregon will work .

No company currently makes a long bar for that saw. You can adapt a D009 husqvarna bar to it by filling the slot .5mm and slightly enlarging the adjustment pin hole with a round file. Your bar plates might need a slight tweek also.
Yep, simple modifications will do.

Nice saw; still using mine with a 36" bar. Inherited from my Dad when he was about the same age I am now, when he couldn't start it anymore. I still can!--but then I came to understand small engines more than he did in his lifetime.

Thank you very much for the assistance. I will look into the Oregon bars. Thanks again
Yep, simple modifications will do.

Nice saw; still using mine with a 36" bar. Inherited from my Dad when he was about the same age I am now, when he couldn't start it anymore. I still can!--but then I came to understand small engines more than he did in his lifetime.
Mine has a 36” bar as well, and it does work great, just need a bit larger bar

You can also use a Sthil large mount bar with a 12mm slot (Oregon D025 pattern) by making a "s" spacer out of a thin
strip of 18 gauge ( 0.050" ) sheet metal similar to the "s" spacers Homelite used on the 5/16" stud saws to use the Oregon
D096/196 bars with 3/8" slots . This can be used on any brand saw that has 3/8" studs , just make sure the oil holes line up .
You may also have to modify the adjuster hole . I tried using 12 mm tubing to make spacers , but they were to loose .

Charles

Attachments

• IMG_3347 (1).JPG
    IMG_3347 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2
You can also use a Sthil large mount bar with a 12mm slot (Oregon D025 pattern) by making a "s" spacer out of a thin
strip of 18 gauge ( 0.050" ) sheet metal similar to the "s" spacers Homelite used on the 5/16" stud saws to use the Oregon
D096/196 bars with 3/8" slots . This can be used on any brand saw that has 3/8" studs , just make sure the oil holes line up .
You may also have to modify the adjuster hole . I tried using 12 mm tubing to make spacers , but they were to loose .

Charles
Thank you very much for your reply Charles. All the best to you

Back