Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, those are nice kits. I've used two and they're a very good fit.
They already replied to my message, they're sending me the right fuel line tomorrow and a prepaid envelope for the XL 925 fuel line. (Which actually is twice as expensive, haha).
I THINK the ProLine stuff is even made in the US?? That's a plus in my book.
I'll tell ya....after working on that Mini Mac 25, removing the carb on that SXL was downright enjoyable, lol.

Got a little carried away today with my newly acquired C-72. Cut about a cords worth of wood with it, then split most of it.
One thing that I've noticed about the C-72 is that the compression is a bit lighter than the C-51 at 143 PSI on my compression tester. However, when I've pulled the muffler off to look at the piston and cylinder, I didn't notice any apparent scoring or damage. Is this just a lower compression engine than the C-51, or could there be some intake side damage?
Even so, it just runs so nicely that I don't want to stop once it's going. Check out some of the nice chips being made, including this 4 incher that I found. A little more photo time with the C-51 too.
c72-4inchchip.jpg
c series buddies.jpg

Got a little carried away today with my newly acquired C-72. Cut about a cords worth of wood with it, then split most of it.
One thing that I've noticed about the C-72 is that the compression is a bit lighter than the C-51 at 143 PSI on my compression tester. However, when I've pulled the muffler off to look at the piston and cylinder, I didn't notice any apparent scoring or damage. Is this just a lower compression engine than the C-51, or could there be some intake side damage?
Even so, it just runs so nicely that I don't want to stop once it's going. Check out some of the nice chips being made, including this 4 incher that I found. A little more photo time with the C-51 too.
View attachment 928561
View attachment 928560
I could need the reeds flipped or new rings.
I haven't noticed a low compression in the big body homelite saws , actually the opposite.

Not on that saw, but I have tried one on another fairly large displacement old school Stihl. I ended up going back to the static setup on that one for what I felt was a more effective (and safer) drop start.

I do use them on a few saws that play a little nicer, though.

Amazing how fast things change. My new to me, 360 ran like a top. Then next day it wouldn't start. Did the usual checks, then decided to look further. Tore it apart and found the carb boot was like mush. Completely tore in half and a piece was in the cylinder.. Couldn't believe it would run cause the boot had to be bad for quite a while. Waiting for new boot and a new garter spring, just in case.

According to the attached, it was built on the 900th day of 1977.

‘77 was a long year eh!
I would, but you're in Ontario and I'm not a fan of long-distance relationships with a saw I've never met. Joking aside, I believe it's from 1979.
It’s the internet days, long distance saw relationships are the new thing. For a ‘79 or whatever year it is, this thing runs good. First used saw that’s sat I’ve bought that took zero work to run.

I seem to recall a fairly detailed explanation of all the serial number schemes some time ago over at HoH (House of Homelite). I imagine a search would probably locate it in short order. I just happened to have the one I posted handy for turds and grins.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think a Super 1130G Automatic is worth these days?
There's this one near me that has been up for sale for slightly over a year now that I keep looking at. No idea if it's still available or not, but I've never been interested in paying his asking price of $450.
Is that a fair price? Cheap? Overpriced?
Ad says it comes with a 27" bar, starts and runs easily, but needs a new clutch shear pin; whatever that may be.

If it actually is a good deal I might try reaching out to the guy sometime in the future, after I've had a chance to fix up and sell off some of the numerous parts/project saws that I've accumulated this year. :laugh:
Pic of saw in question.
Super 1130G Automatic.jpg

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think a Super 1130G Automatic is worth these days?
There's this one near me that has been up for sale for slightly over a year now that I keep looking at. No idea if it's still available or not, but I've never been interested in paying his asking price of $450.
Ad says it comes with a 27" bar, starts and runs easily, but needs a new clutch shear pin; whatever that may be.

If it actually is a good deal I might try reaching out to the guy sometime in the future, after I've had a chance to fix up and sell off some of the numerous parts/project saws that I've accumulated this year. :laugh:
Pic of saw in question.
View attachment 929492
Big mother of a gear drive saw. I don’t really know how hard it would be to get a new clutch shear pin but I’d be asking the seller a few more questions. If that saw was near me it would’ve been in my garage about a year ago😉

Pic of saw in question.
View attachment 929492
I think a guy on here wanted $1000 for one o’ them, but @leeha would know more about them than I.

Back