Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who all the dumbasses are but I don’t want to be in that group. I used the Dichtomatik seal to replace the 58308b. It is not a direct replacement but it has worked for me so far. I do not recommend using it if your not willing to take a chance….

By all means buy OEM if you can. 😁

Some carburetors have a drilled or semi fixed nozzle where the small Welch plug would normally be along with the rattle ball governor. Double down so to speak on the rich side.
The carburetor on the xl925 is like this. Is there a work around for this ? Like blocking the port on a husqvarna carb.
The VI944 jet is not drilled through the top of the brass insert.

The carburetor on the xl925 is like this. Is there a work around for this ? Like blocking the port on a husqvarna carb.
The VI944 jet is not drilled through the top of the brass insert.
Yes. Blocking off the plug in the side of the carb is the same. Unscrew it and block with a piece of metal. Welch plug might work. I have used a piece of a pop can with success.

I have a couple 922’s with the semi-fixed H Tilly. Personally, I like them. With the semi-fixed and additional high speed governor, I reason many were saved from being toasted by running that setup. With the H sitting at 1/8+ to 3/16 (blocked governor), they tune, run and pull with authority.

I have a couple 922’s with the semi-fixed H Tilly. Personally, I like them. With the semi-fixed and additional high speed governor, I reason many were saved from being toasted by running that setup. With the H sitting at 1/8+ to 3/16 (blocked governor), they tune, run and pull with authority.
Honestly before I discovered the intake leak in the VI944 it probably saved the saw.
Unfortunately it didn't on the 925 ,but I did source a reasonable piston for it.

what you runnin 25 in?
even my ['50s] old ones do ok on 32-35
had one ['48] was sposed to be 8:1
I bought one of those cheap chainsaws from ebay, not because i needed one just wanted one to mess with, but it says to use 25:1. I don't keep a extra can for it all i do is carry a little bottle of oil and add it in the tank when i fill if with 40:1. I figure i get it close enough.

This C-91 popped up for sale in the region with a full wrap handlebar. I didn't even know the C saws had a full wrap, how rare is that?
Guy wants $100 for it. I'd consider it just for the full wrap, but he's a bit too far away from me, don't feel like taking a big drive at the moment.
fullwrap_c91.jpg

This C-91 popped up for sale in the region with a full wrap handlebar. I didn't even know the C saws had a full wrap, how rare is that?
Guy wants $100 for it. I'd consider it just for the full wrap, but he's a bit too far away from me, don't feel like taking a big drive at the moment.
View attachment 961703
I've never seen one.

Whats the displacment like on that saw, that full wrap handel is very intriging. I have been casaully looking for a full wrap handel for my 360 but seems they are hard to find.

Latest posts

Back