homelite model cs3314 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrivin

Reaction score
When operating the chainsaw, I do not get oil to the chain. Can you tell
me what needs to be done to correct this problem??

Thank you!
:D

As with any saw, the oil passage can get blocked. 1st step is to clean the bar, including the groove and the holes where the oil passes into the groove. Also clean the casing where the bar is sandwiched. Start the saw without the bar and see if any oil is coming out. If you have a manual oil button, you can pump it also. If no oil is coming out, check the tube going to the oil resovoir. If none of these items are blocked, then it is time to locate and remove the pump. It could be blocked or worn out.

Hello, everything that tree said is great. One thing I wanted to add is there maybe a little duck bill valve in the oil tank that is bad. I haven't work on this model saw, but in the past Homelites sometimes had this problem. Also when you have the bar and chain disassemblied and cleaned off, run the saw, if no oil, loosen the oil cap. This will tell you if you have a back pressure problem. Jonathan:blob2:

Back