Homelite Super 1050A and parts saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up this Super 1050A and a parts saw that was only missing the clutch side cover for $75. A few extra bucks for shipping and they should be here in a few days. How'd I do, OH, the complete saw is a runner and the C-72 in the second picture has an original Homelite bar he said he'd swap for the bar currently on the saw. I know, I know, pics of the saw.
2010_0623cars0017.jpg

pics of the bar i think I'm getting.
2010_0623cars0014.jpg

Can't wait!!:clap:

Saws arrived today!!

UT10139A just like I thought, couldn't see anything through the crud but here they are! This one is complete with a nice hard nose bar and feels good when I pulled it over. Starter is pretty gummed up. rope wouldn't go back in.
IMG00016-20100629-1651.jpg

IMG00017-20100629-1651.jpg

Someone painted the saw orange and its got some numbers on it in marker.
IMG00018-20100629-1652.jpg

IMG00019-20100629-1652.jpg

IMG00020-20100629-1653.jpg

And then the parts saw. Top handle missing, rear handle broke but its got some serious compression and probably complete under the hood. Fuel tank is loose, drive case cover is broke in half.
IMG00021-20100629-1653.jpg

Should be a few days before the grin comes off my face.....at least!

VA really messed up when they painted those saws :cry: Any hints on getting it off?

You gonna resto the S1050? Does the parts saw have the non fixed highside?

Only two, I couldn't get a hold of him until it was to late for the third one, it was gone when I finally talked with him. Both have fixed jet high's and big dawgs. I wonder if these were from out west at some time because of the dawgs?

Edit for update; Had a few minutes before work so I looked them over quickly, the complete saw has 165lbs compression, everything looked to be in working order, added a little mix to the tank and having only about 1/2 the cord to pull because it won't go back in, got the saw to run on the 5th pull. Smoked pretty good, I didn't rev her up yet but it did run and the idle was starting to settle down after a minute or two as I shut it off. Parts saw got to just under 100lbs on 1 pull and the rope wouldn't go back in, I'll pull it apart and see what's up with that saw later....now I'm really smiling, $50 bucks for a running 1050!!!

Randy

Last edited:
The saws belonged to VA state department. They had numbers from the State sale, and most had stock tags riveted on in some place or another.

And that orange paint is horrible :( lol

But the good news is, they were state saws so they arent hurt to bad.

Oh, PS. The other 1050 is safe...And the C-72, and most of the rest of them.

Good Man!!!

Oh, PS. The other 1050 is safe...And the C-72, and most of the rest of them.

Thank God for that. While having a near-constant source of parts (for now) for these saws on fleabay is nice.........................................eventualy they will all be parted out. Same thing has been happening to classic and 'vintage' motorcycles for quite a while now. The bike guys do it because title hassles aren't worth the trouble, and they can unfortunately get more $$$ for the parts than whole bikes. Glad to see somebody keeping these saws whole! If I was closer I'd have tried to grab them myself...:cheers:

Saving whole chainsaws, whatever they might be, whether you want them or not, is a good thing, someone else may benefit from your saves. I did this with a slew of C5s, all but one found a home, it sits and waits.
'Centric, do you need any C5 stuff? I need to catch up with you, been busy and lazy, sometimes at the same time. I have a new/old project that will keep me outta trouble for awhile, I send you some pics, later.

Saving whole chainsaws, whatever they might be, whether you want them or not, is a good thing, someone else may benefit from your saves. I did this with a slew of C5s, all but one found a home, it sits and waits.
'Centric, do you need any C5 stuff? I need to catch up with you, been busy and lazy, sometimes at the same time. I have a new/old project that will keep me outta trouble for awhile, I send you some pics, later.

Hiya Randy!

We do indeed need to catch up. I wanna see that project of yours as well. Saw the pic of you with the hat and the shoes. My opinion is that you should blame the caution-cones you handled on that trip rather than the creamsicles. I can identify with the busy/lazy thing too.:censored:

As for C5 stuff............There's always room for more C-Series saws and/or parts on the shelf. Starter bits (good useable cups and pawls in particular) are a priority. Anything else is welcome too.:cheers:

Oh that hat, it was most definately the Stihl, I just glad I didn't run it.........I'd have to join the lace panty crowd ;)
I'll see what goes with that C5.

Latest posts

Back