Homelite Super 2 - Duckbill Connector

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conecuh31

Reaction score
Hello --

I inherited a couple of Homelite chainsaws (Super 2 and Super XL) from my grandfather and I could use a little bit of help. They've been neglected for a number of years. He bought them new in 78 and 82 and I remember them as a little kid, so I'm doing my best to bring them back to life.

I replaced the fuel lines and cleaned the carb on the little Super 2 and it started right up, but it was smoky as all get out. Read these forums and a few other resources and figured out it was missing the duckbill valve and the saw is burning chain oil. I've order some new duckbill valves from Amazon, but I just checked the saw and I don't see the little metal connector I was expecting. I drained the oil tank and shook it around but I don't hear anything. It's my understanding this little piece of metal goes in the hose and helps the valve not to blow out. Does anyone know where I can find this part? Is the part in the link below what I'm looking for?

https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...tomatic_Oil_Pump_Pressure_Hose_A-69358-B.html
This site has been a great resource for someone new to working on saws. Really appreciate all the wisdom being shared.

Hello --

I inherited a couple of Homelite chainsaws (Super 2 and Super XL) from my grandfather and I could use a little bit of help. They've been neglected for a number of years. He bought them new in 78 and 82 and I remember them as a little kid, so I'm doing my best to bring them back to life.

I replaced the fuel lines and cleaned the carb on the little Super 2 and it started right up, but it was smoky as all get out. Read these forums and a few other resources and figured out it was missing the duckbill valve and the saw is burning chain oil. I've order some new duckbill valves from Amazon, but I just checked the saw and I don't see the little metal connector I was expecting. I drained the oil tank and shook it around but I don't hear anything. It's my understanding this little piece of metal goes in the hose and helps the valve not to blow out. Does anyone know where I can find this part? Is the part in the link below what I'm looking for?

https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...tomatic_Oil_Pump_Pressure_Hose_A-69358-B.html
This site has been a great resource for someone new to working on saws. Really appreciate all the wisdom being shared.

Welcome aboard!

Very common issues with those little POS saws, and those porous sintered metal connectors A-69358-B are now hard to get.

Is Leon’s connector assembly out of stock?, or are you just being a tightwad? Leon is a good Homelite information resource & “how to” contributor with his YT videos & schematics!

Homelite/John Deere later changed to a cheap plastic tee, but they don’t work well. You may have to use the later JD A-07507 restrictor orifice tee & a duckbill, until you find the connector only.

Back