Homelite Super EZ auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Bruce

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of people talking about the Homelite Super EZ auto, is it as good as people say? I would like to get a light weight saw that is good on power, and built well. I currently have a Stihl 029 with a 20" bar, it is a good saw but a bit heavy. Recommendations for a light saw would be great.

I have a couple ez saws. They are good saw for what they are. Depends if you like running older saws or if you want something newer that you know will fire up and get the job done. I like mine for cutting firewood when I am just taking my time and it's not big wood. But if I am cleaning off cattle fence line or have a small blow down on the fence I have a newer echo CS 400. It is a light saw with great power. I have the dependability of a newer saw. It is also a lot easier to find parts for if something does happen to it. As far as weight goes I would put them at about the same.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Great little saws with a lot of power. Reliable oiling system, easy to find bars, (Husqvarna mount) a lot of used and some NOS parts around. One in good shape will have no problems pulling a 16-in bar through dry hardwood.
They totally outclass any of the box store saws in similar displacement, the reed valve setup gives them a very broad powerband.
Not much fun taking the carb off one, but that's about the only downside maintenance wise.

Also small saw with a full 3/8” chain. They usually are very high compression and the decomp is needed to start them otherwise you could have recoil problems. I have 2 one is like new. Both strong runners

Back