Homelite Super Wiz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francis Murphy

Reaction score
I am looking for information on this model, such as age, are parts available, manual.
I was given this saw and I would very much like to restore it to working order.
Stamped on the gas tank, on the top is 4 -20 and then the number 99. The serial number is A1491357. I have not yet tried to start it until I had some background information.

Thanks
Francis Murphy

I can't help you with any info, but seeing that saw sure brought back some memories. The first tree service I worked for had one just like it. What a bear. I think it was gear driven so the chain actually went fairly slow, but you couldn't stop it no matter what you tried to cut through. We usually ran it with a 60" bar. Took forever to sharpen it. I'm sure someone on here can hook you up with the information you need.

Thanks for the feedback, now I really can't wait to run it :)
It must of been a bear to use a day long!

I think it is gear driven, but I have not taken it apart...yet.

Francis

Hello, What makes you think that the saw is a Super Wiz nd not a 4-20? If it has a 4-20 on the tank It may be a 4-20 or just a 4-20 gas tank. Let me know. Jonathan
PS that saw is gear driven probally 3.57:1 Ratio, it can pull stumps if attached to a lewis wench.:blob2:

Hi
The plate on the side has Homelite Super Wiz on it with the serial number I posted earlier. I guess the gas taken is from a 4-20? Would you know the year the Super Wiz was made?

So what is a lewis wench:)

Thanks!

Hello Again, Well the super WIZ was made in the mid 60's to the late 70's. There was many different Super WIZ models. Like SUper WIZ, SUper WIZ 55,66,77, and so on. A lewis wench is a wench that is driven by a chainsaw. Good for trucks, atv's or trailers. With the super WIZ you can only imagine that with about 4.7 cubic inches and the 3.57 gear reduction the torque this saw would have compared to the direct drive (NO Gears) saws of today. For parts and info call: Hawkins Bros. service center 1-573-588-4731, these guys and gals are great. Hawkins bros. keeps my old Homelites running, about 40 of them. Jonathan:blob2:

Back