Homelite Super XL Automatic - Fuel Line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdDawg3205

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. I acquired a Homelite Super XL Automatic not too long ago, and the fuel line needs replaced. It runs with a squirt of fuel inn the carb, but the fuel line is definitely and obviously broken in half and brittle. Does anyone have a link/part # and/or source to the exact fuel line kit (line, filter and any grommets that may be needed).... if distributors sell kits. I've done online searches, and it is difficult (for me), to tell if what I am finding is the right kit. The Super XL must not have been super popular, as it is proving a difficult task for a dummy like me. Here is the unit/model number (UT), or whatever it is called: 10499A.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm sure one of you can point me in the right direction in a hurry, with minimal effort.... I hope.

Thanks, in advance.

Still hoping there are a few Homelite guys out there that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi. Thanks for the reply. It's funny you say that, as I just ordered a couple of fuel lines (and grommets) from his site about an hour ago.... hoping that one of the two will fit. I did not know of him until many searches on the internet lead me to his sight.... then I kind of guessed after that. Each fuel line set that I ordered was only around $5, so that is why I just ordered both that I found.

I take it Leon is a Homelite expert? Sure looks like it.

Thanks again for your response.

I got her up and running awhile ago. She runs real nice and strong. Thanks to all who chimed in. Now I just have to figure out what I going to do with it.

I'd have to say that the OP is wrong about the Super XL not being very popular. These saws are kinda old right now but a few years ago you saw them everywhere! I've had several of them myself (still have one). You can still find them at garage sales, flea markets, etc..

I'd have to say that the OP is wrong about the Super XL not being very popular. These saws are kinda old right now but a few years ago you saw them everywhere! I've had several of them myself (still have one). You can still find them at garage sales, flea markets, etc..
I have taken it to to woods a few times over the winter, along with my newer saws, and am surprised at its performance. Anti-vibe is nonexistent, but it is a strong runner. Never researched how many were sold, or how popular it was, but I like it….. for about 10 minutes (took me ten minutes to type this as my hands are still shaking). Ha!

Back