Homelite super xl automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What ya guys know about these saws? I can pick up a good running one for $50

Attachments

• 918D450B-4FA5-4F81-8913-EE251C6C9BD3.png
    918D450B-4FA5-4F81-8913-EE251C6C9BD3.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 474CD7AD-E299-4C9C-93AE-BA8DC209FFD7.png
    474CD7AD-E299-4C9C-93AE-BA8DC209FFD7.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
Ha ha, just about anything one would need to know, they have been around as long as me. Loud, vibrate like all get out cut fine if things are good with it, sharp chain will plow through any wood, not high revving cutter but has good torque to pull chain at decent cutting speed. Seeing that it is a later SXL one should check for spark, their modules are known to stop sparking and replacement ones are costly.

What do you need to know? Pretty good saw more torque than speed, pretty load even with the newer muffler, no antivibe but you look like a stud running one:happybanana:

All great info guys and I appreciate it. They say it runs great and started and used it last night. What’s the cc’s on them?

All great info guys and I appreciate it. They say it runs great and started and used it last night. What’s the cc’s on them?
I believe the SuperXL`s were 58cc and the early XL12 was 54 cc. My FIL cut with them in the woods lumbering for a 30 year span, they were tough units. I have a bunch of his old discards and one near mint, they are hard on the hands if running them for long periods.

I don`t have any notes on them any more but if my old memory is any good the regular XL12 had a 44.4 mm bore and the SXL12 had a 46mm bore but they have the same stroke, around 35 mm. Someone can look this up if they have time, I know I am not as sharp on this stuff as I used to be as I have not worked these saw for more than 20 years.

Back