• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATS MS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello fellow chainsaw fans,

I am looking for a Homelite SXL 925 (parts saw) to buy for a restore project I started a short while ago. Doesn’t have to be a runner as long as it is intact and doesn’t have a bunch of magnesium rot or other physical damage.

I am also searching for a decent restoration candidate (92x or 944/955) to restore and gift to my son.

My budget is as follows:

9xx Series Runner (Clean and Strong): Up to $350

9xx Series Restore Candidate: Up to $200
More if saw is a strong runner in decent shape.

9xx Series Parts Saw: Up to $100
More depending on quantity and quality of good parts available.

Will purchase individual parts / collections of parts for the SXL / VI 900 series of saws as well.

I also have a C-72 sitting on the bench in need of some TLC, so feel free to reach out if you happen to have C-72 restore/runner saws for sale.

Reply here or PM me with questions or offers, or even just to say hi or to go fly a kite :)

Thank you.

$300. usd shipped. for the runner, pho.
ship would b close to $100. of that.
if ya wanted the parts saw, id throw it in fer 50 more + ship. so $450.
dont have pics, but runner is g/shape, fullwrap, and has oe clutch cover extension. both have small crack in top covers.
can get pics, if interested at those prices.

$300. usd shipped. for the runner, pho.
ship would b close to $100. of that.
if ya wanted the parts saw, id throw it in fer 50 more + ship. so $450.
dont have pics, but runner is g/shape, fullwrap, and has oe clutch cover extension. both have small crack in top covers.
can get pics, if interested at those prices.
I really appreciate the offer, but you’re right about the shipping from you to me. It’s a killer. I wish the shipping wasn’t so dang expensive or I could probably go for that. I’ve spent my budget for the next three months already, so I don’t have a bunch of wiggle room. I will definitely check back in with you after the new and see if you still have / want to sell them.

Thank you :)

I really appreciate the offer, but you’re right about the shipping from you to me. It’s a killer. I wish the shipping wasn’t so dang expensive or I could probably go for that. I’ve spent my budget for the next three months already, so I don’t have a bunch of wiggle room. I will definitely check back in with you after the new and see if you still have / want to sell them.

Thank you :)
it's even worse coming this way.
sure you'll find something closer to you.
not advertised anywhere, they might well be.
g'luck.

Well I tried, but as you might guess, it sold really fast. I’ll have to keep on searching. Thank you for the help though :cool:

Latest posts

Back