Homelite XL-102 chain drive link question from Oregon chainsaw Co.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinrf

Reaction score
Was able to get hold of the Oregon chain folks. They are helpful but the customer service person wanted to know the number of drive links that were supposed to be on that saw. I am guessing that depends on how long is the bar. So for a twenty and twenty-four inch bar, how many drive links would there be for the XL-102? I am guessing, again, that every brand of saw with say a 24 inch bar would not have the same number of drive links based on where was the sprocket location in relation to rear of the bar. Also, I would guess the sprocket size (diameter and tooth pattern) would be a factor. Anyway, she was asking this in order to find the right chain. Thank you. BTW, I currently own a 16 inch bar so counting the links on that wouldn't help.

Assuming you’re looking for 3/8” pitch chain, XL100 series, & the K095 mount, the DL counts are 72 & 84 for the Oregon 20” & 24” respectively.

Whats the part number stamped on your current 16” bar?, and your current chain pitch is 3/8”?

Assuming you’re looking for 3/8” pitch chain, XL100 series, & the K095 mount, the DL counts are 72 & 84 for the Oregon 20” & 24” respectively.

Whats the part number stamped on your current 16” bar?, and your current chain pitch is 3/8”?
Thank you very much!

The bar is stamped Homelite 11716501. I believe this to be the original bar as the saw, my Dad's, had not much use (maybe less than 20 hours).

Back