Hot Rod Ported Polished Husqvarna 346XP Chainsaw Dirty Saw non X Torq NO EPA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found another one on flea bay Australia, he want $4000 for a 395 ????
I bet if you pulled the cylinders off any of his saws they probably wouldn't even be ported scammer!!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=181157929357

I sent a few messeges to ol mate for poops and giggles, I did ask about a race saw, he replied back with a figure of $6,999.00!!!!! :msp_scared: No mention as to what saw he was going to build, then he informed me that it must go through fleabay for purchase :confused: I then asked if anyone is racing his saws, no reply on that one, I would of drove down to check out the saws he is "building" :msp_wink:

I sent a few messeges to ol mate for poops and giggles, I did ask about a race saw, he replied back with a figure of $6,999.00!!!!! :msp_scared: No mention as to what saw he was going to build, then he informed me that it must go through fleabay for purchase :confused: I then asked if anyone is racing his saws, no reply on that one, I would of drove down to check out the saws he is "building"

I hope no one gets burnt by this guy, but if they do have $4000 lying around for a 395 then they probably have enough money to not be too bothered by it.... For $4000 I could get 2 395's and bolt them together and still have money in the bank for a port job haha

I sent a few messeges to ol mate for poops and giggles, I did ask about a race saw, he replied back with a figure of $6,999.00!!!!! :msp_scared: No mention as to what saw he was going to build, then he informed me that it must go through fleabay for purchase :confused: I then asked if anyone is racing his saws, no reply on that one, I would of drove down to check out the saws he is "building" :msp_wink:

Someone needs to kneecap that dude.

What a scammer piece of garbage. :angry:

I'm looking for someone to do a good woods port on a couple husky 390xp saws I use every day one is just broke in good and the other only has about a season on it but I want a tad more power. Any suggestions?

I bought a husky 395 and had it modded but Jeff around 2012. It’s the best saw I’ve ever owned or ran. I have been in this business since 1986. I’ve used a whole bunch of big saws. I’ve ran the saw in my business full time since 2012 and the saw still has the power and performs perfectly every time. I write this in feb, 2019. The pull on the saw is really easy to start, maybe because of the ceramic bearings? It way out performs my 088 and 066. The saw is very light, that’s the first thing that guys notice when I hand it to them. It runs a 32” Sugihara bar maybe that the reason but the head seems lighter. I just run normal fuel mix rather than what Jeff recommended just cause I don’t have time to run two different mixes. It runs through bigwood. I call for it on every big removal I do. I can’t say enough about Jeff’s work. That’s my experience. Matson Ruddell, Ruddell Tree Service. Los Osos CA.

Oh, he didn’t charge me that much. I ended up paying around $1,400 for the new saw, modded with the bar. Or around there, I don’t remember the exact amount. I’ve talked to him on Facebook over the years. As far as I know he’s not a scammer. He sure did right by me.

I can’t doubt what any engine builder is doing since I can’t see his work. I been building, porting and tuning engines my whole life. Tuning is the hard part if your not experienced. On the two strokes we raise the exhaust port so it opens sooner. At the sametime we lower the intake port so as the piston skirt moves up she sucks the fuel mix sooner into the crankcase. On the piston depending on the size of the bore we shorten the bottom of the piston 1/32” to 1/8”.(100cc) If we have the center divider in the transfer ports we thin it and knife edge it. The flow will flow faster and easier. If you want to learn how to port go to you tube and watch every porting, engine building video.

Here’s my husky 262 cylinder so far. Roughed in. The finished pics to follow. Ports are widened, raised or lowered. The ports are funnel shaped from the port outside opening to the wide part of the funnel towards the piston. I also think the top of the piston can be chamfered or ramped to the shape of the exhaust port. If you have a thicker amount of metal to the first piston ring. On your intake side of the piston you can knotch were the intake port on the top is, remove about 1/16” up to the width of the exhaust port on top. Place the piston on the rod and turn the crank till it’s at tdc to mark this on the piston skirt. It all has to breath together. I’ll post pics as I go.

If your not sure make one change at a time. Cut the bottom of the piston first, second raise and open/ polish the exhaust port, third lower, widen, polish the intake. Advance the timing a tad.
If you have an older saw look for the brass screw on the side of the carb cut a round piece of plastic paper with a hole punch and put it under the brass screw. This plugs the over speed governor. All my saws I worked with had the governors plugged. It never hurt them.

Attachments

• 3AF4DD11-1552-42AA-8E01-D52FD172654C.jpeg
    3AF4DD11-1552-42AA-8E01-D52FD172654C.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 3BB6E7E7-DDAB-45C7-89ED-329C0BCA9562.jpeg
    3BB6E7E7-DDAB-45C7-89ED-329C0BCA9562.jpeg
    907.7 KB · Views: 25
  • B1B80FCA-EF41-4616-A73E-3FD4AD531D89.jpeg
    B1B80FCA-EF41-4616-A73E-3FD4AD531D89.jpeg
    705.9 KB · Views: 26
Back