Hourly v.s Salary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I go Salary+Commision and I'm the lead climber as well. Should I ask for a production incentive.

Also how are some of you guys keeping up with sales. Quickbooks, Excel spread sheets, folders.

I brought in 38,000 In sales in 9 months for the last small owner/ operator business. This was Landscaping and Tree Work.

I really do not know what the going rate is for your state, but here it works like this. A certified Arborist on the low end ( this is hourly wages ) will bring in $29000 plus benafits , the High end, which you seem to fit with the experiance, is at $79000, again this is Hourly, the average though pay is $42000. Based one a 8 hour day, 40 hour week, starting hourly is $24-$26 an hour, overtime runs up to $38 an hour. This is obviously where you make your money. Anything over an 8 hour day is overtime here. It is not based on going over the 40 hours. These jobs are usually with the City, or Goverment, so not that easy to get. It is a for sure life time job though, Pension, benefits, Union, etc

Going into the private sector, again their equipment, the average comes down to $36000 per year plus some benefits. Some will supply with you with a truck and pay for gas. Just a perk.

But-

Starting your own small business seems the way to go around here at least. As our City and Goverment seem to like farming out jobs to the lowest bidder. But if you do this take into consideration all your insurance costs etc.

I understand this is Canada and not the USA, but our dollar is at par with yours now.

I would personally see if you can talk to some people in your area as to what the average wage / Salary is. Also some web sites are dedicated to giving you a base salary etc for you current area. You may want to try that also.

Latest posts

Back