How can I correct this bending brisbane box?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK_in_LA

Reaction score
We have a ~3 year old Brisbane Box tree that seems to be healthy but it has developed a bend / curve and I'm wondering what I can do about it.
The lower branches were trimmed last spring, which is where the curve is occurring. The tree did have a single stake but we've removed it.
Thanks in advance!
JK

IMG_0694.jpg

We have a ~3 year old Brisbane Box tree that seems to be healthy but it has developed a bend / curve and I'm wondering what I can do about it.
The lower branches were trimmed last spring, which is where the curve is occurring. The tree did have a single stake but we've removed it.
Thanks in advance!
JK

View attachment 944184
Put two stakes (red) in that are clear of significant roots. Attach two horizontal timbers (blue) and secured the tree to the bottom timber where it naturally sits…then pull the tree to the left and secure it under tension to the top timber. Old bicycle inner tubes would be good for the securing and remember to monitor and adjust them as necessary to prevent damage to the tree
E71ABE6A-4988-46EF-ACE6-A9768DF60A17.jpeg

Latest posts

Back