How do you decide what your "ride" is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got a really nice ride. A real truck with a body-on-frame, not a stinking unibody. My son owns a 1978 FJ-40.

The New 2022 Toyota Tundra Still Has a Feature That Is Now Disappearing From All of Truckdom! Ep.3​

All body-on-frame Toyotas (the Tundra, 4Runner, Tacoma,, Sequoia, Lexus GX, Lexus LX, and Land Cruiser) will eventually transition to the Toyota New Global Architecure (TNGA) platform. The 3.5L , Twin-turbo, 389 HP, 479 Lb-Ft base gas engine used in the 2022 Tundra runs on regular 87 octane gas. The 3.5 V-6 is a proven engine that has been used in Lexus. Toyota is one of the few vehicle manufacturers that makes engines that can last a million miles.

Being in Oz, I figured your Land Cruiser had a diesel engine that is unavailable in the US. Never seen a Land Cruiser configured as a flat bed truck before. My son's FJ-40 is 6-cyl gas, and he loves it anyway.
Yep, we received a few models you guys didn't, we also have the 6cyl petrols I believe you guys only had the 3 spd we had the 4spd in later vehicles. We also had a long wheel base wagon known as a troop carrier it has long seats down the sides in the rear. I believe you guys only had what we refer to as the shorty, short wheel base 2 door.
Very popular over here as well.

I smile all the time
B9A7AD84-82AA-4ED5-85D1-A01422C5F050.jpeg

Yep, we received a few models you guys didn't, we also have the 6cyl petrols I believe you guys only had the 3 spd we had the 4spd in later vehicles. We also had a long wheel base wagon known as a troop carrier it has long seats down the sides in the rear. I believe you guys only had what we refer to as the shorty, short wheel base 2 door.
Very popular over here as well.
Any of the 4runners in Oz have diesels?

Any of the 4runners in Oz have diesels?
That's a model we didn't get, but quite a few where personally imported, my cousin had a diesal 4 runner, nice 4wd, hilux utes was what we got.
I had a few hiluxs back in the day, but mine where 4 cylinder petrol and one had a V6 Buick that was converted by the previous owner.

That's a model we didn't get, but quite a few where personally imported, my cousin had a diesal 4 runner, nice 4wd, hilux utes was what we got.
I had a few hiluxs back in the day, but mine where 4 cylinder petrol and one had a V6 Buick that was converted by the previous owner.
On rare occasions, have seen Subaru Brats and Bajas in my area. Cute little buggers they are. Since Subaru utes are not sold here, they were probably imported to the U.S. by their owners.

Have an ARB 37 quart compressor fridge/freezer connected directed to my battery with 12 gauge wire for camping and road trips. Love it.

ARBfridge.jpg

I’ve had great luck with Toyota’s. I beat the crap out of them and they keep going. Also they’re pretty easy to work on. I’ve had a few ford trucks for the higher payload. I get way more frustrated with engineering decisions on the fords than Toyota’s. I just think the Ford look cool and have good payload capacity.
1F524CA1-5927-4B94-A4F1-01819CF49D92.jpeg

Had to use the Toyota to get firewood since the Ford needed an engine rebuild. Classic ford stuff.

7FAFAFC6-A5AB-487E-B949-BE37F343121E.jpeg

Tried to get a dump truck last night. Had a clean body beautiful frame but every other subsystem except the dump body had some major issue. Fuel spraying everywhere, junk tires, bad windshield, holes cut in the floor, mice everywhere, lights jacked up, front end trashed. Goes to show you can have a clean body and a rotten soul. Super sad, it just wasn't worth the money they were asking.

Back